Official and PP releases from Breaking Records

Moderator: Moderators

YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

[PP 260] Mamamoo - Piano Man

Postby YouJuChan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:43 pm

Our first release in 2015!
Mich's PP is now out (SOOO ON TIME I LOVE YOU!) so take a listen and don't forget to thank her and comment :D

Listen: Show

Lyrics

Moonbyul - xKeirafanx
Solar - Jojibear
Whee In - 21cssk
Wha Sa - YouJuChan
mixer: 21cssk
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Re: [PP 260] Mamamoo - Piano Man

Postby Almighty Cho » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:06 pm

OMG it's already out! :D
Yay for first PP in 2015! May more awesome projects follow~

Moonbyul - xKeirafanx: Ma sexy husbando is back ;) honestly i think moonbyul makes her lines sound so darn hot, but you have this innocent-cutie-yet-i-can-turn-into-a-smexy-beast-later-on-feel and i love that :D I would've maybe put a bit more emphasis on the "ai em geuraundeu jagisogae hagi" group line, that could have a bit more power, but then again it's pretty low, you still did great ^^!
Solar - Jojibear: So happy to hear you again in a release, really missed your voice! ^^ I think your lines sounded really sweet, but in some lines I would've loved if you tried to let some more power out (esp at the adlib scream, it's probably hard to control if you try to let more power out at the beginning, but it's just a think that comes to my mind and that i wanted to mention~)
Whee In - 21cssk: Well what to say you're flawless xD' Though i somehow get the feeling you didn't let all your soul out in the second half of the song? it felt a bit as if you were holding back the last bit of awesomeness? it still sounds great just saying :)
Wha Sa - YouJuChan: (I am so confused cause in the MV it says "Hwa Sa" but here it is "Wha Sa", can you say both in korean, is it the same? She is SO my fav of Mamamoo, I love her to bits :D I think you did really smexy I esp love the "sogaehamnida!" before the "we are mamamoo", it sounds really cool :D I truly wished you would have tried to sing the original lower-sliding-pitch in the beginning instead of staying same pitch, you could've so nailed that, because you can for sure go that low :)
mixer: 21cssk: The mix sounds good I think, OMG can I say i especially love the bumppappara group parts they sound so awesome! Some times some vocals were in my ears a bit swallowed by the instrumental, so the pronunciation wasn't clear to be heard anymore and some harmonies I would try to have blended more into the back to comfort the vocals more instead of making a duet-sound, but it's only slight and I can't do it better anyways~ So good job :)

Overall this sounds really great ^^!
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

Postby YouJuChan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:58 pm

(the correct romanization would be Hwa Sa ^^ But.. You don't really hear the different when talking XD )
Thank you <3 Ahh I know what you mean…I think XD Now that you say it.. I didn't even checked that anymore when I relistened LOL I just told myself 'sexy…do it sexily' … and thats what came out LOL
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter
Kyllia
BR's Chinadian
BR's Chinadian

Postby Kyllia » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:18 am

Wow you girls rocked this! Note wise you guys nailed this song. Loving all the layers with harmonies and what not. Could do with a bit more attitude/emotion from some of you though. Really get in the groove singing this song! :)

Like Cho I thought the bumppappara group parts were awesome :D

Mich your mixing was great :) I know you don't mix that much usually but I see you mixing songs more lately, which is a good thing.
21cssk
BR's Michmellow
BR's Michmellow

Postby 21cssk » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:35 am

ohh YAYY first release in 2015! :D

i didn't realize they already changed it to 'Hwa Sa' in the MV xD when they first debuted her name was written as 'Wha Sa' everywhere so i thought they're going to stick with that forever haha

@Cho i think the blame's mine for Meike's "ai em geuraundeu jagisogae hagi" part because i made it a group part so it was a bit covered ;; thank you for your comment though! i'll try to do better next time :> ♥

aaand comments~
Moonbyul - xKeirafanx wow is this really really meike? *-* at first i was hoping you'd take a singing part because i know you'll sound great with it but daaaaaangg your raps blew me away ;A; i agree with cho on the innocent-cutie-yet-i-can-turn-into-a-smexy-beast-later-on-feel so much. ♥
Solar - Jojibear you goooo giiiiiiiiiirl! solar's part was definitely the hardest in this song (bc queen♥) but you hit em all alright <3 i think it'll sound much better if you didn't sound as breathy in the higher register but dangg who am i to complaint when hitting those notes alone is already hard?
Wha Sa - YouJuChan you. are. my. absolute. favorite. in. this *_______* it's like your voice is made for this kind of songs hnggg (p.s you've done it, the opening is soooooooooooooo freaking sexy♥). also thank you so much for betaing and releasing! so happy to have you in this project!
Jojibear
BR's Cotton Candy
BR's Cotton Candy

Postby Jojibear » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:10 am

I said it on the YT link, but

a) I AM SO SORRY FOR MY HORRENDOUS KOREAN ; U;
b) BUT ~EY~ YOU GIRLS SOUNDED FABULOUS (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

@Meike and Mich: It's no particular excuse, but I'd just recovered from a sore throat when I recorded. I was going to ask Mich yesterday if I could submit retakes but for some reason forgot and BAM it was released XD
Kyllia
BR's Chinadian
BR's Chinadian

Postby Kyllia » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:44 pm

Mich too fast LOL
21cssk
BR's Michmellow
BR's Michmellow

Postby 21cssk » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:15 am

whooops sorryyyy ㅠㅠ i thought the mix was pretty much done and it's only a day to deadline so why don't release it on time? ㅠㅠ
but you did really great considering you were sick :O
asuka100492

Postby asuka100492 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:17 am

your voices are amazing girls! their textures fit the jazzy type of songs and stuff. and i love xKeirafanx fierce raps! :D i didn't know mamamoo had such fun songs. /youtubes songs/
Got a long list of k-pop biases
My friends say I'm insane
but I've got a blank space *insert new rookie boygroup member*
and I'll write your name..

twitter | AFF
YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

Postby YouJuChan » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:37 am

Iyeaaaahhh! <3 Finally commenting! haha

Moonbyul - xKeirafanx - Your rap was really great! Since I was used to the fierce rap in the original I looked forward to that but your innocent-cutie-yet-i-can-turn-into-a-smexy-beast-later-on-feel (quoting cho haha) was very on spot as well! Loved it!
Solar - Jojibear - You totally did Solar justice with her difficult parts! I especially loved your first verse a lot!
Whee In - 21cssk - Well, I knew your parts are going to be awesome! They had a different vibe to it and I loveeed your Parappapapapa Yeaah yeaaah…Pure eargasm! *^*
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Postby xKeirafanx » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:52 pm

Solar - Jojibear: One, the harmonies are perfect. Your voice is naturally softer and I think that gave a completely different spirit to Solar's parts, I really really love them.
Whee In - 21cssk: You sounds so lovely and on spot in your parts. Even before the release I already heard Whee In's parts in your voice and they are exactly as I believed they would sound. Absolutely amazing job.
Wha Sa - YouJuChan: I knew you'd be perfect for Wha Sa. The "hello baby" right in the feels, ugh. Do you know how much I love your voice. Lovely adlibs and the general attitude is exactly as Wha Sa's.
mixer: 21cssk - Good job, I have no complaints.

@Miri: What can I say, I might seem cute and innocent, but those are always the true freaks ;) I know Moonbyul has a really unique and sexy way to rap. We both now I am not that type of rapper unfortunately, more strength lies elsewhere. But yeah, I can explain that part, actually...I recorded it right along the rap and the breath for attitude was simply missing.
@Mich: Hi yes, it's me, Meike. I considered taking a singing part actually, I love the song so much, but I would have taken Whee In or Wha Sa, who both fit better to Bigi and you. Solar is wonderful, but she has the parts I do not feel vocally capable. The day will come I muster as much hiphop as Moonbyul has in her little finger, but her parts were fun, I could not resist. I am happy you are satisfied with the parts. I was worried you would not.
@Jojie: Thank you ;~~~;
@Bigi: I apologize for my lack of fierce and hope the innocent-cutie-yet-i-can-turn-into-a-smexy-beast-later-on-feel did serve its purpose.
Lost in #BR-land

Noræon's Middle Child
Sai
BR's Strong "The Jjong" Baby!
BR's Strong "The Jjong" Baby!

Postby Sai » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:40 pm

Bigi: I loved your parts <3 I don't really know what else to say because I think you had the right attitude and I adore your belting register... <3
Joji: Good job on hitting those very high notes, especially with having just recovered from a sore throat! Solar's part in this song is so hard to sing, I think you did really well <3 A general idea for your higher notes; maybe it helps if you imagine that your vocal chords have to close/become longer in order to form the notes. You can also do a little triangle with your forefingers and thumbs and then imitate the closing motion (so that the triangle becomes a sort of ellipse, if that makes any sense at all...?) This could help you control your air flow better so that you can hit the high notes without letting as much air through.
Mich: I really enjoyed your parts, your adlib during the "oh swing let's groove" was spot on! I think you chose the perfect part becaue you make the middle register notes sound so effortless <3 A tip for the higher "yeah" harmonies: try imagine singing the note out of the top of your head, as if you were pulling yourself higher on a string. It's easier to sing the very high notes that way(^_^)
Meike: Your attitude was different from Moonbyul's but don't worry, you sounded great! Your rapping style really suits this song well.

Return to “Releases”