[OP-SP 12] Breaking Records 6th Anniversary - Now & Then

Official and PP releases from Breaking Records

Moderator: Moderators

YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

[OP-SP 12] Breaking Records 6th Anniversary - Now & Then

Postby YouJuChan » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:29 pm

(if anyone could make a pretty banner, that'd be so awesome ;; I just took a picture from google and added text, cause it's already way past midnight and I'm beeeat XD)

Weeelll... What can I say?! First… THANKS SOOO MUCH for all the submissions! You girls are truly awesome!
I've listened to your old and new versions and you can really hear improvements here and there and just everywhere!
You all made me fall in love with your voices again <3 Even though we only got 6 submissions (where were the other members? ;; ) I'm really happy we were able to release such a pretty Anniversary project <3 Thanks to Ky for this awesome idea!
I wish us all a happy 6th Anniversary! May we all continue to enjoy singing even many many years in the future! Love you all looots! /HUGS/
:kyaa:

Cover by: Almighty Cho
Song: NU ABO
Original Singer: f(x)
Version 2010: Show

Version 2015: Show

Cover by: YouJuChan
Song: Proud (Eng Version)
Original Singer: Dong Bang Shin Ki
Version 2008: Show

Cover by: 21cssk
Song: May we kiss?
Original Singer: G.Na
Version 2009: Show

Cover by: KayKay
Song: Yakusoku wa iranai
Original Singer: Maaya Sakamoto
Version 2009: Show

Cover by: xKeirafanx
Song: Eternal Snow
Original Singer: Changin' My Life
Version 2011: Show
(singers: xKeirafanx | Rakiu_desu | Kyllia | shiki0014)

Cover by: Kyllia
Song: Love the way you lie (Part II)
Original Singer: Rihanna
Version 2012: Show

- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter
Kyllia
BR's Chinadian
BR's Chinadian

Re: [OP-SP 12] Breaking Records 6th Anniversary - Now & Then

Postby Kyllia » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:36 am

LOL sorry for that random empty instrumental part where I can't do the Eminem rap :P comments laterrr!

Haha the one main thing I noticed across everyone's was the improvement in sound/mic quality! It's so obvious for a lot of you guys where you got a better mic or just the mix in general. Great job everyone this was so fun to hear :)

Almighty Cho
I think it's amazing that you can hear your improvement just from the first little adlib note at the beginning haha. Hearing your original cover I would've already said that was really really good but then listening to how you improved blew me away. Your new version has that much more of an impact with your attitude and just how you chose to sing the song. Of course all the harmonies and background make it sound that much more full. I have to also give props to your mixing because it's awesome :D

YouJuChan
The english lyrics to this song make me cringe actually >w< but it's clear that you have more control when it comes to holding low notes. You also show more emotion in the newer cover and overall it sounds more soothing. And that super high ad lib near the last part *_*

21cssk
Wow... I don't even believe that the first cover is you haha. I mean I can tell it's you but the mic quality and the improvement is just amazing. In my opinion, you've improved the most disregarding the differences how long ago each of the old covers were. Listening to the old one you can hear how you have potential but there were issues with high notes and what not. But then listening to your new one the improvement was so obvious and it's awesome how you've worked on your voice. You have a better grasp on when to use your headvoice and you have a steadier head voice in general and overall you've really developed your own sound. :)

KayKay
Been missing you around here! Man you chose a hard song. You sounded really good in the old cover already and your new cover just takes it a step further :) Not sure if it was because of the clearer quality but your voice seemed more steady especially on notes that went up or down (if that makes sense). It was actually kinda hard to hear your voice in the old version cause the instrumental was kind of loud. I also really liked the harmonies in the older one too which weren't in the new one. Overall, your head voice is so pretty :D Sing more with us <3

xKeirafanx
Oh man I am so sorry for that original cover I was a part of. My voice in there was x.x haha. I love this song choice for you though soft and sweet which is so perfect for you :) I'm not sure what there is to really say because it's really obvious your improvements. You sing with more confidence and your voice is much stronger with the higher notes. You also match the emotions of the song very well and knew when to sing soft or with more strength. :D I really love this new cover!

Kyllia
I think I should've chosen an even older cover but I wasn't motivated at all to sing most of my older covers nor did I have time to relearn some of the songs haha. I think the improvement between this old and new version is pretty slight, but I hope you guys enjoyed it :)
YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

Postby YouJuChan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:06 pm

Almighty Cho
There's no question you improved XD Like Ky said, the first adlib already showed it and well, the mixing and just everything was amazing!

YouJuChan
I wanted to do a new cover of the very first song I covered, but since I already sang 1000 Words, I took the second oldest, which is this one XD That was the time before even entering any karaoke forum so I had no idea how mixing worked. The old version was a one shot and you can hear all the clicks here and there wahaha It was really fun to cover and reminded me once again how I wanted to cover every single song that stuck in my head for more than 2 days XD (dunno really if that changed though..but I surely had more time in the past lol)

21cssk
I already told you, but your new version brought me shiver. Good shiver. Shiver that makes me leave your cover in my iTunes playlist XD Just perfect. I think I like it even more than G.Na's version haha! You improved so much and it certainly is not just because of the mic (though I does help a lot with hearing your awesome vocals)

KayKay
Waah I'm so happy you were able to submit something <3 I reeeally enjoyed listening to your voice *^* I think I do not know the song but I can also hear that you improved ^o^

xKeirafanx
I wasn't able to listen to your parts in the old version but I do hear an improvement in the new version :) And I love the song and the song is difficult to sing and I think you did a really really great job!

Kyllia
YAY longer version! hehehe :D Maybe 2012 is a bit too 'young' but nonetheless I still can hear improvements in how you hold your notes and I really enjoyed the outcome. ^o^

haaahhh… That's why I always need more time for comments… So sorry if my comments sound the same and meh and totally not constructive OTL (I blame Ky, cause she said most of the things already >< ) But I know if I don't comment now, it'll take some time till I will and everyone put in so much effort, I wanna show my gratitude by commenting asap :3 So, THANK YOU and this project really proves how we improved in the past years ^o^

btw: I know everyone of you sent me lyrics files, which I didn't include since everyone submitted solo's so there was not really a need to have lyrics' imo XD (the lyrics would have been needed for collabs to see who sang which part :) that was my thought) But thanks anyways spending effort and time sending it! If anyone wants to have their lyrics included, let me know and I'll edit it :)
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:59 am

Yay it is finally released~ :joyful:
And happy belated birthday BR! :lollipop:

@ky&Bigi: Thank you so much for your comments qq <3!

I think I would add lyrics to Meike's song though, not everyone can differ who she is if you are new to this forum and dunno the project this was in ^^

Almighty Cho:
/
YouJuChan:
Haha omg when it started I was like "bam new mic and your voice directly hits me in the face!" XD (in a good way) I think you got a better pitch control and a greater warmth and.. wideness(?) in your voice than you already had! And no questions asked you improved when it comes to harmonies!
21cssk:
Omg your mic sucked so bad XD You improved so darn much, your voice got so warm and mature! ^^
KayKay:
I hear a difference between the two even if you don't! ^^ Your support got better and you sound less concentrated on hitting the notes which brings out more of your flow! :)
xKeirafanx:
Interesting song choice hihi ^^ And yay for more japMeike! :D I think your pronunciation got much better and you improved darn much, I already told you many times! Pitch, conveying emotions, harmonies and BGs! You all did it for this one and I adore every little thing you added to this ^^
Kyllia:
You improved as well! Already told you in the latest OP the pitch control really rose a lot for you! One can tell that gives your selfconfidence a boost and you try out more things than you did and start to feel comfortable with different things while recording! ^^

This was really interesting project haha thanks Ky for the idea and everyone for participating ^^
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...

Return to “Releases”