[PP 269] Girls' Generation - Lion Heart

Official and PP releases from Breaking Records

Moderator: Moderators

Kyllia
BR's Chinadian
BR's Chinadian

[PP 269] Girls' Generation - Lion Heart

Postby Kyllia » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:42 pm

Who's ready for some more SNSD? I know I am~ Thanks to Keira for this great PP!

Lyrics

Listen: Show

Team Lion Heart
Taeyeon - Firefly
Sooyoung - Kyllia
Yoona & Sunny - YouJuChan
Tiffany - Almighty Cho
Seohyun & Yuri - xkeirafanx
Hyoyeon - newismyname
Mixer - xkeirafanx
juliqaaa
Back-up Vocalist
Back-up Vocalist

Re: [PP 269] Girls' Generation - Lion Heart

Postby juliqaaa » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:22 pm

:kyaa: I have waited so long to hear this (heh just ask Meike) and IT WAS SO WORTH THE WAIT! You all did a fantastic job and to me, I don't think Girls' Generation songs are the easiest to cover so I am in awe of all of you.

The final part where the harmonies and lines overlap is my favourite :3 well done again ladies! It's really nice to hear your voices again :tears:
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Postby xKeirafanx » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:33 pm

:joyful: FINALLY DONE WITH THIS

Taeyeon - Firefly: Please let me love you down for that opening and the adlibs, just. Ngh.
Sooyoung - Kyllia: You sound like you had a lot fun recording. Your "Yeogi waseo anja" is right in the feels, I absolutely adore it.
Yoona & Sunny - YouJuChan: Thank you for recording more lines for a start. I like your Sunny lines the most? xD Especially the after-chorus Gideurillae Lion Heart
Tiffany - Almighty Cho: I'd say "so little lines" but your harmonies are all over this xD Love the attitude in "Ladies y'all know what I'm talking about right?" and your adlibs A+ thanks for betaing
Seohyun & Yuri - xkeirafanx: I like myself very much in this, my adlib ability has improved.
Hyoyeon - newismyname: I loved that you did your own harmonies. We blend very well in that shared line and I generally really love all your lines, you filled them perfectly.

Making the different vocal layers not drown each other was quite a challenge and I admit that particularly blending the oh oh oh parts was nearly impossible and really got to my nerves BUT they ended sound so great it was worth every bit of agony I felt over them. That I made changes in the coding wasn't registered by every participant although I both put it in the chatbox and the PP thread, but half of the missing group and G1/G2 lines are on me for doing those changes in the first place, so no hard feelings. All is good now, I am very satisfied with this result. Thanks for making it possible, guys!

@Jules: You adorably enthusiastic lady. Personally I think the hardest part about SNSD songs is that there are only few members with a truly distinctive voice color in the first place which causes an easier blending for them as group. Making this unison sound happen in a cover means that you have to blend very thoroughly, because we have far more members with a recognizable voice. I am glad you especially like the last bit, because I was very ardent about making that end sound good! *blows a kiss*

EDIT
Here's the ending without music by the way, I think it turned out very sweet! :rabu:
Spoiler: Show
Lost in #BR-land
Noræon's Middle Child
Kyllia
BR's Chinadian
BR's Chinadian

Postby Kyllia » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:17 pm

I actually really didn't like this song when it came out but it was definitely fun to sing. :) Glad you liked that line since it was my headvoice so I struggled a bit with it :P

I have individual comments but I'm so tired right now I'll have to post them later. I really like this release though all the layers and everything made it sound so full so great job everyone. And Keira your mixing just keeps getting better and better :) amazing job!
Kyllia
BR's Chinadian
BR's Chinadian

Postby Kyllia » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:02 am

Individual comments! :)

Taeyeon - Firefly: Agreed with Keira your first line really set the tone for the rest of the song :D Not much else to say except you did a great job ofc~
Yoona & Sunny - YouJuChan: I really liked your chorus you blended well with the group background while still having your own colour leading it :) Yay duet line~
Tiffany - Almighty Cho: Great job as always but the adlibs sounded a little off to me but I can't place my finger on what >w< But your solo lines although few were great!
Seohyun & Yuri - xkeirafanx: Again wanted to say great job on the mixing. All the group parts were pretty tight and with all the layers you managed to make em work out without sounding too messy. In terms of your lines, it's clear why you would choose this song since you performed your lines perfectly :)
Hyoyeon - newismyname: Always love participating in songs like this with you :) got the right emotions and spunk~
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:47 pm

Totally forgot to comment on this, shhhh~ sowwy..

Taeyeon - Firefly: I especially love your intro lines, they swing well along to the sound <3
Sooyoung - Kyllia: Your first solo sounded a bit forced(?) at first, I liked the last solo line of you the most :)
Yoona & Sunny - YouJuChan: Totally relaxed hihi, you gave a very nice color to the cover :3
Tiffany - Almighty Cho:
Seohyun & Yuri - xkeirafanx: You fit those style of songs so well, I totally adore your lines :3
Hyoyeon - newismyname: So happy to have your nice voice in a release again~ I hope to hear you more and more in the future again ^^
Mixer - xkeirafanx: Great kudos for mixing that monster of layers into one and making it sound so good! Getting it to blend was a heck of a work, but you did great <3

I hope we get to cover more SNSD songs here with a total 9 people next time, it's so much fun to give it our own color ^-^
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...

Return to “Releases”