Postby Almighty Cho » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:53 pm

another release!! congratz :DD *will listen later* ^^
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
Firefly
BR's Dolphin
BR's Dolphin

Re: [PP 185] DBSK - Proud

Postby Firefly » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:13 pm

This turned out so pretty!! ;_; Everyone did great! My fav has to be Mich here though, her voice is somehow perfect for this song<33
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Postby xKeirafanx » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:17 pm

When she hit that super high adlib there I seriously went

O_O
\OoO/
*___________________________________________________*
♥_______________________________________________________♥
Lost in #BR-land

Noræon's Middle Child
SitD
BR's Rapping Pixie
BR's Rapping Pixie

Postby SitD » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:00 pm

In all honesty I didn't like this cover as much as I thought I would. Doesn't mean I don't like it, just... I don't know, with a line up like that I expected more I guess ^^;
Admitted Proud, or any DBSK song for that matter, is pretty hard nut to crack.
Still I wasn't that convinced of Meike or Hani. Meike, she did Yunho's lines right?, sang unnaturally to me and it's like she imitated a lower tone instead of singing lower in her own voice. Tammy just told me Meike was sick when she recorded so that kinda explains the "unnatural" sound ^^

As Tammy said, this became came out pretty (see! I do like it) And I can hear there's been put a lot of effort in the harmonies. I really enjoyed Anke's harmonies/adlibs for "through the rain~".
And I love hearing Kia in this kind of songs ^^.

I think I know now what I missed in this project: emotion. Not the imitation of DBSK, but real heartfelt emotion, yeah... missed that a bit.
But hey! The outcome is pretty good and kudos for trying on this masterpiece ^^b
Sai
BR's Strong "The Jjong" Baby!

Postby Sai » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:30 am

I have to agree with Stef on the overall outcome; it is really pretty but sadly, I felt DBSK was imitated too much and thus the "real" emotion is missing a bit. (T T);

DBSK songs are hard to sing (well, most of them at least, and this is definitely one of them!) but that's why it's best to sing with your own style (> w <); Did you all record to the instrumental? Sometimes, this way, you can avoid trying to imitate the original singer...

I did enjoy listening to this though! Kia, this is the first time I hear your voice I think, you have a very lovely voice! (hearts) Mich does suit this kind of songs perfectly, I agree again. Your adlibs especially were beautiful (hearts) Anke, your harmonies were awesome as always! And hani and Meike, I would've loved to hear more of you <3
Yukidama
BR's Snowball
BR's Snowball

Postby Yukidama » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:09 am

I always record with the instrumental :3 And I think I sang it like i usually sing, I'm not someone who usually sticks to the original a lot ^^ Can also not say I didnt put emotions into my singing, if it wasnt enought than that's still all i had to give at this point x3 I have to defend Hani and Meike tho, it's rly rly hard for a girl to put proper emotion into their singing if it's a guys pitch they sing at, at least for me. And the verses ARE rather low. Dunno how you can have uber high expectations here xD I think it turned out really well and it's not disappointing in any way, singing and listening to a DBSK song can never be :3
Sai

Postby Sai » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:50 am

Ah, that's why I said I would've loved to hear more of Hani and Meike <3 because they only had the really low parts (> w <);;
21cssk
BR's Michmellow
BR's Michmellow

Postby 21cssk » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:33 am

it's ouuuttt *___* /lateppleaderislate/

i don't really think Meike forced herself to sound like Yunho. she sounded sick, that was obvious. and yes as Anke stated, it really is not easy to do such low lines. Hani sounded pretty though not really the best of her i've ever heard. Emotion was lacking, that was for sure. i was struggling to get the perfect time to record too but still it doesn't sound right ;A; Anke delivered emotions the best for me. and her harmonies are really really reallyyyyy pretty /tears ♥ Kia, she just suit Changmin perfectly. i think she's the one who sings with her style the most? ^^

anyways, i still love this release so much. thanks to all participants and Hani for releasing. /showers all with kisses/
oh oh oh! and happy belated Yunjae Day to all!! ;D
Kia~
BR's Snow Angel
BR's Snow Angel

Postby Kia~ » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:09 pm

late comments are super late but anyways.

Mich was perfect on those adlibs~ I'm glad you took Jaejoong, just for that super high adlib ♥ your voice always suits songs like this~ Anke I love you for singing those countless harmonies ♥ I think you did really well, I agree with Mich that you delivered emotions best this time~ as for Meike and Hani, I would've loved to hear more of you girls in this ;__; I think you, Meike, did good considering you were sick when you recorded. And you had a low part that I for one would've probably failed XD I really like your 'proud of your love' ♥ Hani also had a difficult difficult low part and you sounded pretty nice but yeaah I know you can do better than this still ♥ As for me, the only part of mine I actually liked was the 'proud of your love' in the end. It was the only one I was really and truly comfortable singing XD

Overall, I think this is a really pretty cover. I think we shouldn't be compared to the awesomeness that is DBSK since there's possibly no way we could sing THEIR song better or even as well as they do XD It's a difficult song, emotion and technique wise and we did well. YEAH! hahaha

Return to “Previous PP Releases”