[PP 203] FictionJunction - hanamori no oka

Sai
BR's Strong "The Jjong" Baby!

[PP 203] FictionJunction - hanamori no oka

Postby Sai » Sat May 12, 2012 2:26 pm

I'm so glad you girls all signed up for this song... thank you all for participating! Now, cutting of the rambling, I proudly present you... my... I-am-not-sure-how-manyth-pp!

Team Last Light
lyrics
Listen: Show

Sai // Joji // Tammy // Cho
Mixer: Sai

Team Silent Flower
lyrics

Mitra // Meike // Mich // Kia
Mixer: Stef
Sai

Re: [PP 203] FictionJunction - hanamori no oka

Postby Sai » Sat May 12, 2012 2:53 pm

Since this is my own pp (and a song I know, which is kind of something that hasn't often with our releases during the last time XDD)... I shall write individual comments! <3`

Team Last Light
joji: First, I'm sorry for being so annoying on twitter because of this song (; O ; ) I love how your way of singing is completely different from Kaori's, yet still fits in well with this song! <3 Your high parts in the bridge were especially great. Some of your harmonies were slightly off, but nothing too bad.
Tammy: Jealous of how everything you sing just sounds beautiful (; ; ) I don't know why you re-recorded your last line so often because every take you sent me was perfect. Not quite sure what else to say because I am horribly biased anyway I loved your parts.
Cho: HOW DO YOU SING THOSE HIGH NOTES SO POWERFUL dhosaudhnoaudho I CAN'T WITH YOU >( ...haha. Loved your parts too! I was actually surprised at how well your voice fit here. I love the contrast between your soft verses and the powerful choruses!

Also. Our blending and everything? PERFECT. dhosaudho (; O ; ) This is why I saved the English part and the last chorus as acapella too.

Team Silent Flower
Mitra: Overall I liked your parts, though some of your high notes sound a bit off... It sounds as if you're singing a bit too much at the back of your throat, if that is making sense.. (> <); Maybe while singing try imagining the tone has to be "at your teeth". This is how my teacher always explained it to me so I don't know how to actually explain it, maybe Cho can help there (; O ; )
Meike: I don't know why you don't like your parts, I can't hear anything wrong here. I think you had exactly the right mix of softness and power in your verses especially! Your emotion is on spot too <3
Mich: You and your gorgeous voice dhosudmodu. Your high notes are love as always. I also like how you sang the verses; I can't quite describe it, but it sounds great. Your "mirai wo" seemed a bit cut off though, maybe it would've been better to hold it a bit longer.
Kia: The power in your voice is so awesome too! In the verses, you accentuated the last notes a bit, it's quite different from the original but I like it. It makes you stand out in the verses imo. (> w <);
ALSO. Mich/Kia blending? AWESOMENESS. (> w <) Also, the last chorus sounds so great too blending wise.
Stef: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MIXING THIS FAST (; _ ; ) All in caps because I can't thank you enough haha <33 Your mix is great!!

I love the outcome of this. It's even better than I expected. Thank you all again for participating... and I shall open more Kajiura Yuki-songs in the future and force you all to sing them with me hehehehe (^0^)//
SitD
BR's Rapping Pixie
BR's Rapping Pixie

Postby SitD » Sat May 12, 2012 4:44 pm

Great outcome of both teams *^* This song is so difficult and asks a lot out of the singers, but daaaaang you guys managed this so well!
First team couldn't go wrong with BR's top vocals in it and they proved themselves worthy <3 Great vocal performances, everything sounds exquisitely pure and powerful.

Since I mixed the 2nd team I can hardly stay objective, so take that into account when I say that I find the 2nd levels up to the first team with great confidence. Here as well, there were very bright and strong parts. I was especially enchanted by Mich's chorus parts and the high harmonies for the english, and by Meike's verses.
It would be unfair to leave my team without an Acapella because they too blend beautifully!
Full Acapella: Show

Cut Acapella (starts with english bridge): Show
YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

Postby YouJuChan » Sat May 12, 2012 5:02 pm

ksadjfls This is so beautiful I don't even know what to say T____T
Both teams are so beautiful, you blend so well and I got so laid back while listening to this project <3
The high english parts..omg eargasm ;~~~~;
Really beautiful!
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Sat May 12, 2012 5:05 pm

snfjklsfnkjsdsn
me loves my team *___* <333
You know i'm a totally accapella lover so.. could i get whole cover in accapella? qq
if it's possible? >< that would be lovely!! <3333
totally love it! <33 hopefully you'll do more PPs! *-*

will listen to other team later after spazzing xD
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
Sai

Postby Sai » Sat May 12, 2012 5:17 pm

@Stef I edited your post! It should work now <3

@Cho I'm uploading all acapella-snippets and the full version to the box-account now!(^0^) The result of this has totally made me want to do more covers like this (* *) (COVER ALL THE KALAFINA-SONGS WITH INSTRUMENTALS! XD)
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Sat May 12, 2012 5:18 pm

omo thankyouthankyouthankyou <3333 i'm totally accapella hogger XDD
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
katzsong
Singer
Singer

Postby katzsong » Sat May 12, 2012 6:45 pm

@Sai: yeah, I've tried to do that but I lost power when doing that. I still have to practice it a lot. Thanks for letting me be a part of this project.

Uhm...maybe I should just stick to guys songs, esp. JE XDDD I'm naturally an alto, all the way :p

The acapella is purrrty ^^ though yappari, my voice blend so well, as background vocal XDD it happens, a lot
Jojibear
BR's Cotton Candy
BR's Cotton Candy

Postby Jojibear » Sat May 12, 2012 10:55 pm

GALS WE SOUND SO a;sdlkfn My brain broke from our awesome okay.

Also, leave me a few Kajiura stuff to lead too please, Sai!!
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Postby xKeirafanx » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Team Last Night
Sai - Pretty beginning of the song. You have no idea how in love with your vibrato I am.
Joji - I like your beginning, a bit flat on the second verse, but the rest was great.
Tammy - You didn't stick out as much in this song as you do in others, but you finished the song perfectly like a highlight and your line after the English part had me shivering.
Cho - Sai and you dominate this song, your blending together is great. All your harmonies are just wow. I had goosebumps because of your line after the English part.

It took me a week or two to listen to your team. I was pretty sure that your harmonies and blending would be outstanding and make me feel bad about my team. Happens I don't, happens I was right about outstanding harmonies and blending. I'm just impressed how great it sounds.

Team Silent Flower
Mitra - Beginning a bit flat compared to the rest, however, I really love you in the middle break after the English part and your other solo lines are pretty. Unfortunately our voices don't seem to blend *sigh*
Meike - I like myself again. Really.
Mich - Asdfghjkl. Your vibrato at the end, the "mira wo~~~~" legit brought tears to my eyes.
Kia - You blended well with everyone, I'm impressed. very dominating in all parts and I love your second verse.

We didn't blend as nicely as the first team, same goes for a few harmonies, but personally I think we captured the atmosphere and charm of the song perfectly. I love your English middle break, because it brings out our voice color diversity. Thanks for singing with me.

♫
Technically I prefer the first team, but personally I like my team more on the aspect of having covered the emotional and dramatic aspect of the song. It's all good, in the end.

~
I've played this to my friend Sibel who knows the song sang in a choir, knows some stuff, loves J-Rock and Co. , no she won't join BR, we don't really sing the type of songs she likes so forget it aaaaanyway.

Her input.
Team Last Night - All very skilled, very light sounding and similar voice colors.
Team Silent Flower - Not as skilled, but better voice color diversity which made her like the team more. And she's in love with Mich's voice and begged me to get her a new mic.
~

@Sai: Everything just turned out to be so much better, because with all honesty, I am not carrying the song, we do it as four and that's what makes me forget my scratch high harms. I'm glad you love the outcome.

@Stef: I love you.
Lost in #BR-land
Noræon's Middle Child
Yukidama
BR's Snowball
BR's Snowball

Postby Yukidama » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:34 am

Oh, this.
So beautiful
T^T
IT NEED MOAR COMMENTS!
Both teams sound equally great!
Too bad it's a VC (it is one, right? XD) tho it still sounds pretty decent and everyone harmonizes so awesomely. Props on doing aaaaaaall those harmonies! And this is such a beautiful song in general :3
Tuan
BR's Boo
BR's Boo

Postby Tuan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:57 pm

This cover is one of the best covers I've ever heard of any song... for both teams. I am srsly confused as to why we don't do more ballads on BR when we have such amazing voices for them, it's almost like a waste >.<
I don't really want to comment individually since this song was mostly blending, everyone used their best voices and they all sound amazing on their own (plus these are our best singers anywais xD)

Team 1: I have to agree with Meike on the fact that this team blended better. Not that the harmonies were off on the second team or anything, but the voices in this team all had similar emotion, and were all soft (I was expecting Cho's voice to stand out, but even she sang it soft xD) I could play this to all my friends and they probably wouldn't figure out that it's a cover.

Team 2: Even though you guys didn't have similar voices like in Team 1, the English bridge sounded way better to me, because I could pick out all the different voices and they all contributed to the melody so well :) And I know I did say no individual comments, but Mich, those long notes with a vibrato at the end are totally your style, you own those in every cover I've listened to.

On a sidenote, how come I've never listened to this cover before, it was released so long ago T_T
Firefly
BR's Dolphin
BR's Dolphin

Postby Firefly » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:31 pm

Omg just realised I never commented on this!! While it's one of my fav releases on BR ever! ;_; Slightly biased to my team but seriously both teams sound so amazing.. My favs in would be Sai, Cho and Mich <33 I feel slightly lacking in my team, I really need to practice my headvoice a lot >_< It's kinda sad that like some others mentioned that our voices in team 1 blend into the bg a lot, only the high voice is really recognisable. But still, I really really love the outcome! *__* Great job from the mixers and all the singers! <3

Return to “Previous PP Releases”