Jules' 2015 pile of music bits and bobs XD UPDATED 26/12/15

Post your solos and unofficial collabs you did with others.
juliqaaa
Back-up Vocalist
Back-up Vocalist

Jules' 2015 pile of music bits and bobs XD UPDATED 26/12/15

Postby juliqaaa » Mon May 11, 2015 9:21 pm

Heeeey guys~ :fufufu:

Well I believe I deserve a slap on the wrist because I haven't posted any recordings since 2013!!!! That's really bad right? I have no excuses but please know that I'm trying very hard to put more effort in with my music this year. I'm going to work really hard especially for everyone here!

Feedback is of course very welcome! :joyful: At the moment I'm having slight trouble trying to find my voice again and the balance between being decent at rapping and singing. Anyway I hope you guys enjoy listening ^^ I'm keeping an eye on future BR projects and I also hope you're all doing well :D

English songs
Danny from McFly's 'Don't Know Why' short cover
John Legend's 'All Of Me' short cover

Korean songs
방탄소년단 (BTS) 'I NEED U' acapella cover
첸 (Chen) - '최고의 행운' (Best Luck) This is my first video cover and this year I've pushed myself to audition for the K-Pop World Festival Regional Round in the UK. So not only will you get to see the face behind my name but also hear a FULL cover. Haha! :dance2: Anyway comments and feedback are always appreciated, and I also mess up on the sound quality in one part btw ;A;
EXO-K 'Baby Don't Cry' collab cover Updated with a new cover! I'm part of another collaboration group called P.S Entertainment but we are unfortunately not as active as we hoped to be, however two other members and I got together to work on an EXO cover! This was my first time covering an EXO song and although it was a challenge, I really enjoyed it. If you need to know what parts I did (because it can get a little confusing in the video especially with the ad-libs), you can view our colour coded lyrics here.

Songs written by me
'BABY (24:7)' My song to B.A.P and to BABYs
Last edited by juliqaaa on Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Kyllia
BR's Chinadian
BR's Chinadian

Re: Jules' 2015 pile of music bits and bobs XD

Postby Kyllia » Wed May 13, 2015 12:18 am

OMG your accent <3 I can't get over it! I'll leave more comments in a bit but heading out to dinner in a second :P
YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

Postby YouJuChan » Wed May 13, 2015 7:26 pm

OMG JULES! That BABY (24:7) song~ wow.. I'm totally AWED *^* Your rapping is surely makes me swoon <3 You sound a bit shaky during your singing part, like..if you were nervous? But wah~ the lyrics is so sweet! And..yups…I love your accent. Talk to me. Talk to me a looot *^*

..All of me… is tooooo short T_T
I don't know 'Don't know why' but..that's also way too short! I need more Jules accent and Jules voice *^*
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Tue May 19, 2015 4:49 am

New snippets yay~ ^^!

Danny from McFly's 'Don't Know Why' short cover
This is really short haha, it's nice to hear your voice again :) I can't really judge anything though, because I dunno the song :D'

John Legend's 'All Of Me' short cover
Oh this sounds really nice! ^^ It fits your voice really well, I wished it would be longer :3

방탄소년단 (BTS) 'I NEED U' acapella cover
Oh this sounds interesting, it's hearable you really like the song hihi ^^ (i don't like the song at all |D') But you sound passionate, I like that ^^

'BABY (24:7)' My song to B.A.P and to BABYs
Mhhhh~ do I know this? I think I know this ^^ I love this <3
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
Kyllia
BR's Chinadian
BR's Chinadian

Postby Kyllia » Thu May 21, 2015 2:50 pm

I actually only know All of Me haha which I really liked I wish it were longer though so we could hear you sing different parts of the songs. I can't comment too much on the other songs but I did notice that I prefer your voice when you sing at a higher register though you sound very sweet when you go higher :D
Sai
BR's Strong "The Jjong" Baby!
BR's Strong "The Jjong" Baby!

Postby Sai » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:29 pm

Ooh I'm sad the English ones are so short. I would've loved to hear more of your singing! You rap really well, let us know if you record a longer cover~ <3
juliqaaa
Back-up Vocalist
Back-up Vocalist

Re: Jules' 2015 pile of music bits and bobs XD UPDATED 23/06

Postby juliqaaa » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:09 am

Wow I didn't expect so many comments ;______; you guys!

Kyllia: Haha my accent is often loved and I still don't know why but thank you :) maybe one day I'll sing All Of Me fully because I practiced it with a friend before for a random jam, so I know the words too well heh. That's really interesting that you said you prefer my singing in a higher register, I used to really be nervous about singing higher parts in songs - hence why I felt very comfortable doing male songs but I'll keep what you said in mind for sure!

YouJuChan: Another fan of my accent hehe, thanks for checking out BABY 24/7 :D I will admit that I spent a lot more time on the rapping than the singing and when I was recording it, I hadn't sung in a while so I can totally understand what you mean by the chorus being a little shaky. I'll try my best to talk to you lots and lots so you can hear my accent XD and of course more fuller covers!

Almighty Cho: You're another person who would like to express 'All Of Me' fully so I may have to do that eventually. I was very obsessed with 'I NEED U', it gave me that itch to cover it so that's probably what you're hearing - my passion/obsessive itch hahah. And do you mean the backing track for BABY 24/7 is what you know? Because the original track is sung by Minah from Girl's Day :D

Sai: Thank you for your kind comments on my rap and I'm going to definitely try my best to record a longer cover for you guys especially singing wise. I think I'm just trying to get out of the nervous mindset that no-one can endure a longer song cover from me :( but also out of the lazy zone - I get distracted easily haha. Thank you once again for listening!
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Re: Jules' 2015 pile of music bits and bobs XD UPDATED 23/06

Postby Almighty Cho » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:24 am

@jules: you should haha :D
Oh maybe that is why yes xD
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Re: Jules' 2015 pile of music bits and bobs XD UPDATED 23/06/15

Postby xKeirafanx » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:00 pm

I will just fall into the chorus of "but whyyyy is All Of Me so short????" it is really gorgeous.

Holy mother, I Need U, sounds really great. Especially like the rap parts. It is fortunate you recorded this as acapella, because that gave you free space with the rap.

Best luck *-* not exactly the easiest song, but you did fairly well (some outmaxing, but that is probably the audio recorder of the video) (we can't all be Chen, because if we could, then we totally would)

'BABY (24:7)' is so precious! Nice lyrics you put together there.
Lost in #BR-land

Noræon's Middle Child
juliqaaa
Back-up Vocalist
Back-up Vocalist

Re: Jules' 2015 pile of music bits and bobs XD UPDATED 26/12/15

Postby juliqaaa » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:46 pm

@Meike

Thank you so much on the feedback! When will I ever do a full cover of All Of Me? Tune in next year to find out hehe. I enjoyed doing the acapella, I think that's one of the best advantages of recording acapella is that you have more freedom to experiment and make it more your own :3 I think I will work harder on more acapella covers in the future. Ohh I'm also glad you enjoyed Best Luck! I can't watch the video back because the sound makes me cringe but to sing like Chen *____* wouldn't that be a dream! Thanks for your kind words on my original song too ;____;

Return to “Solo and Unofficial Collabs”