[Solo] Keira - Apple and Cinnamon

Post your solos and unofficial collabs you did with others.
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

[Solo] Keira - Apple and Cinnamon

Postby xKeirafanx » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:47 pm

Original by Utada Hikaru

It has been a while and I got around to motivate myself to record a full cover again. It has only been over a year, yay!
Please have a listen, drop some feedback and hopefully enjoy.

For non-video people, here is the box.net file
Spoiler: Show

:muah:
Lost in #BR-land

Noræon's Middle Child
Sai
BR's Strong "The Jjong" Baby!
BR's Strong "The Jjong" Baby!

Re: [Solo] Keira - Apple and Cinnamon

Postby Sai » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:29 pm

I'm copying my comment from youtube, I didn't see that you posted this here too~ (> w <)

I really like your transitioning from chest to head voice! I think your head voice has gotten a lot stronger and you sound a lot more comfortable in your higher range. Your emotion is also really good, I think you got more into the song the longer it went! However, you need to be a little careful with your support, some of the ending notes of a phrase are a little flat. Try to think of every phrase in a straight line, meaning the energy should be about the same for all notes. (Sometimes, it helps to draw a half circle in the air or pretend your pulling something between your hands while drawing them further apart, to make sure you engage your support the whole time)
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:03 pm

I already spazzed to you about this, just saying again this is plain beautiful :WOW: :rabu:
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

Postby YouJuChan » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:26 pm

*__________*
I don't know the song, but waaaahhhh I really like your cover <3 It really suits your voice! Utada Hikaru has crazy vocals, so kudos for doing a full cover! Sai actually said everything I was about to say so let me just leave a 'this is so beautiful *cries*' comment X'D More UtadaHikaru!Meike pleashy *__*
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Postby xKeirafanx » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:29 pm

@Sai: My support really seems to still be my weak spot, huh? You often give me feedback on that and it seems to improve more creeping than running. I will continue to strengthen my support and hopefully improve a little faster! Thanks for the pointers on that as usual. As for the flat notes at the end of the verses: I saw a vocal coach just a few days after posting this and it appears the biggest problem is not that I can't hit the notes properly but that I am insecure about it and hold back, therefore they fall flat. Basically my head is the problem. I need to let go more and don't chastise myself for hitting notes not perfectly. We also worked out that there is more room to my higher range and I guess you say that, in a way? Thank you for that feedback~

@Miri: Love you too.

@Bigi: To be honest I don't really consider doing more Utada covers, precisely because she has such crazy vocals and I am not yet at a point to really measure up. I really am glad though that you liked this and it doesn't only sound good to my ears (safe for a few things here and there).
Lost in #BR-land

Noræon's Middle Child

Return to “Solo and Unofficial Collabs”