Sai - Back to the Roots (aka rock ballad mini album)

Post your solos and unofficial collabs you did with others.
Sai
BR's Strong "The Jjong" Baby!

Sai - Back to the Roots (aka rock ballad mini album)

Postby Sai » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:01 am

Hey everyone!
It's been a while since I last posted links to my solos here, but I've recently had a lot of time to record AND got back into singing some rock ballads, so I thought why not make a compilation post. A "mini album", if you want.

The title is "Back to the Roots" because it's really what got me into singing seriously and with all my heart. :) I also really love CTE songs, as you might notice

Crown the Empire - Millenia (Acoustic Ver.)
Watch: Show

Crown the Empire - Satellites Act III (acapella ver.)
Watch: Show

Crown the Empire - Lead Me Out of the Dark
Listen: Show

ONE OK ROCK - My Sweet Baby
I'm not sure what happened to the harmonies and the timing in the beginning - I had adjusted them correctly but my Audition has been playing tricks on me lately :| So just ignore the beginning.

ONE OK ROCK - ET CETERA
So, for this one... hm. It doesn't happen often that I say "to hell with vocal technique" and just sing my heart out, but ET CETERA is my Favourite Song of All Time and it means so much to me. The melody is a one shot, and I know there are off notes in there, but. Well. If you can guess where I started crying while singing you are good job.
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Re: Sai - Back to the Roots (aka rock ballad mini album)

Postby Almighty Cho » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:37 pm

Waaaah a Sai album again~ :kyaa:

First off: Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier, but wanted to do it fairly and thoroughly, but never found time to really sit down and give a good listen, so will squeeze it in now <3

Back to the roots is such a good motto for us when doing covers, it always grounds us somehow and I think that's an important part we all have in us ^^ Also it's always interesting which songs drew who in totally :D Oh yeah a lot of CTE songs XD!

This feels totally like memories, can totally feel the bonding to the song that's in you, greaty~ ^^

Acapella! :D Me appreciates hehe! I will totally remember you when the lights go out D: ! <3

This will totally be stuck in my head for the rest of the day! It sounds really smooth and it totally draws me in, like it's your own song on a single! <3

Sometimes Audition f-s up the timing when exporting, when you export it again it should be alright :) (happens to me sometimes as well, but reexporting fixes it always :))
Couldn't quite catch a feel of the song in the beginning, but as soon as the first chorus came I was here smiling in my chair and imagining a cool anime intro! :D Sounds niceu ^^

ONE OK ROCK - ET CETERA
Oooh a oneshot (so hard to do!) :)
This cover is so good, I am totally in love with it, because it's just so FREE and full of feels! Loving it! <3
And totally can't guess when you started, when I cry it's so obvious, but it's not for you, you still sound amazing!

This is so much... "Sai", glad you have shared this with us! ^^ Next time I will be faster with replying, promise ^^"
Hope you will continue your work and post more amazing covers for us, in album or single format <3!
:kissu: :joyful:
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

Postby YouJuChan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:22 pm

Waaahhh *_* I have only so far listened to the OOR ones and WAH IM SO IN LOVE with Etcetera. It totally fits your vocals!! I like it a loooooot! The bg vocals are also so on point!
I don't even have much too comment just like..I just enjoyed listening to your voice <3 Thanks so much for sharing! *_*
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter
Sai

Postby Sai » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:38 pm

Thank you both so much! (; O ; ) This means a lot to me <3 I'm so glad you both like et cetera--I was so unsure about whether to upload it or not because I'm... too much of a perfectionist sometimes (u _ u);; So thank you again <3
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Postby xKeirafanx » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:32 pm

I am always so at awe with people who can pull of rock songs properly and you always have great rock song recordings so this is a true treat :rabu:

This is the song you shared on twitter and where I already commented on youtube, so I knew what to expect and listened to this last because I'm a rebel and I think I made a good choice. It was a gorgeous ending for me, but I think it opens the mini album well. Copying my comment from youtube, just because:
That is a beautiful song! It fits your range extremely well and I personally love the low notes and the changes to headvoice. There was a point where you sound overwhelmed and it is beautiful, I almost cried.

The beginning reminded me faintly of typical country song harmonizing, but it went a different direction from there on. I think your lower range shines especially in this and as this shows you absolutely need no music to carry a song.

I love everything about this cover, honestly. This is something I'd play people asking what kind of people I sing songs with for an example what amazing people we have and then I'd go into the usual fangirling over your voice that freaks people out a bit.

Low start, I can feel and hear your struggle but I'm sure you know the issue with that is so I'll stop pointing it out further... hrm. Overall a pretty song that picks up easily after the start.

ONE OK ROCK - ET CETERA
I can't say a thing about vocal technique because I'm a noob, but I love how you sing your heart out. The passion and emotion are palable. I have two guesses where you started crying, one where you voice seems to nearly crack and another where it sounds like your throat is closing up and you waver just slightly to keep air coming through. Generally there is a fragility and steel respectively in your voice and the created dynamic is wonderful.

:rabu:
Lost in #BR-land

Noræon's Middle Child
Yukidama
BR's Snowball
BR's Snowball

Postby Yukidama » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:55 pm

I'm sorry I didn't have the time to listen to all of the songs yet, but here's my comments on the following 3:

Satellites Act III: Super impressive, this cover drew me in so much even though it's just your voice.
Lead Me Out of the Dark: I liked the urgency and pleading in your voice, I am not quite sure but I rarely heard this much emotion in your voice. I don't mean to say that you sing without it (far from it), but it's especially present in this cover and it really touched me T^T
ET CETERA: I looooooooove that you just went for it and felt it and sang it and didn't think about it how you would sound. You should do this more often.

I personally think you sound so much better when you're not trying to execute every note perfectly and hold out every note steadily at the end of each line. Just sing it the way you feel it and be in the moment :O Your voice is so beautiful, no need to worry about singing perfectly. It kinda transmits into the song if you think and worry too much about that. Just sing the song and understand and feel the lyrics, you'll do absolutely perfect~<3

Return to “Solo and Unofficial Collabs”