[Solo] Keira - Ein schöner Tag (by Lena Valaitis)

Archive
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

[Solo] Keira - Ein schöner Tag (by Lena Valaitis)

Postby xKeirafanx » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Alright, so this is a little something with a rather big meaning and I'd love to explain it to you before you listen.

This is a birthday present for my granny who turned 80 friday and I prepared this for the big celebration on Saturday.
Why this song? It holds a deeper meaning: it is my grandma and dead grandpa's favorite song.
He died 10 years ago and his death has brought my grandma and me as close as we are now, because we were able to share the pain together.
And this is why the song is special and I wanted to sing it for her. To avoid bursting into tears while singing it to her live, I recorded the song. I'm slightly sick as you can hear, but I felt it wouldn't matter to granny and it didn't. She cried a great deal of tears and I'm glad she was happy. :fufufu:
At first I hesitated sharing this with you, because I honestly think it's not that great, it is just a gift I did, because I hoped my singing would make my grandmother happy. However, Miri convinced me to post it.

Last info to the song: "Ein schöner Tag" is the first German "version" of Amazing Grace that was commonly adapted and sung in Germany, the singer is the woman Lena Valaitis.
And no, this holds no instrumental at all. It is sung free-styled too, I had troubles finding an instru and even with it, it was hard, too much cutting and mixing, it sounded awful in the end. Please bear with it like this ^-^

Spoiler: Show

Free-translation by me for the non-Germans
Spoiler: Show
A beautiful day was given to us
Like they are not many
Filled with pure happiness
Untroubled by sorrows

With songs the lark sings
The morning started
The sun gave golden shine
To the day that then began

A beautiful day, full of harmony
Is like a precious stone
It gleams at you and calls out to you
Today you shall be happy.

And whatever fate will bring you
Whatever may happen
With you stay the memories
Of a beautiful day.
Lost in #BR-land

Noræon's Middle Child
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Re: [Solo] Keira - Ein schöner Tag (by Lena Valaitis)

Postby Almighty Cho » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:58 pm

So glad you posted this!
I already told you in msn that i really liked it (and no i won't describe the scenario again xD). i can totally understand how moved your granny was by this, cause you really layed your heart into your singing and the meaning of the song for you and your granny is sad but beautiful <3. Also this "cover" shows again how much you improved since last year, you're more powerful yet kept your softness and you have nearly no pitch problems at all, so i'm really happy you can show this song off so beautifully *-* i also really like the fact that it's acapella cause one can hear the comforting.. errr... feel(?) in your voice.
yeah.. i really like it ^^
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
Firefly
BR's Dolphin
BR's Dolphin

Postby Firefly » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:43 pm

It may not be the best technique wise but I think you more then made up for that emotionally wise! It's really touching and I can understand why your grandma cried a lot.. Loved the reverb too, very fitting here <3
YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

Postby YouJuChan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:35 pm

This is so beautiful ;~~; The reverb makes it so much more dramatic and it just totally fit the mood of the song imo <3
I wish your grandma a belated happy birthday and I'm sure you made her really reaaally happy with this <3
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter

Return to “Previous Solo Releases”