[Solo] Keira's Butterfly Snippets (140310: Set Me Free)

Archive
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Re: [Solo] Keira's Butterfly Snippets (Update 130215: Soulma

Postby xKeirafanx » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:28 pm

Updated with a one shot take.
Lost in #BR-land
Noræon's Middle Child
YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

Postby YouJuChan » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:21 pm

Natasha Bedingfield *^* Really prettily done! You were a bit shaky here and then but I really like the power at the parts where power was needed <3 And the high Someone to hold was also really beautiful! There was this one part at 1:21. It totally gave me goosebumps!
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Postby xKeirafanx » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:18 pm

Thanks for listening Bigi ^^ I am glad you liked it. It's not really my best, yes it's shaky here and there, unfortunately my nose gave me no other option xD
Lost in #BR-land
Noræon's Middle Child
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:01 pm

Soulmaaaate *-*
You improved your range in the last time, you feel it? :)
I really like the sound of your voice in this ^^
I hear softness & power changing, me approves :3
Last chorus high notes *-*
And hey. Soulmate is talking to you. There's one for everyone :P <3
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
Yukidama
BR's Snowball
BR's Snowball

Postby Yukidama » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:45 pm

Your voice has a very sweet tone in soulmate :3 Sometimes I wonder tho if that's your voices real tone because I remember your talking voice quite differently >.< In any case it sounded very, very nice despite the couple offnotes, the verses, which I personally find very hard to sing, sounded very clean, so thumbs up for that :>
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Re: [Solo] Keira's Butterfly Snippets (130507: 2 Acapella)

Postby xKeirafanx » Tue May 07, 2013 6:30 pm

@Miri: I had a cold when I recorded it, maybe the stuffed nose forced me to do something right with my breathing technique? It would be great if my range improves, it would make me truly happy ^^ /clings to soulmate

@Anke: Thank you ^^ yes, a few notes were off.

-
I put up two old recordings, they are acapella and feature me trying to record decent sounding harmonies.
Lost in #BR-land
Noræon's Middle Child
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Tue May 07, 2013 6:49 pm

(We are so same, I was just about to post an acapella singing of me XDD)

SJ-H - Sunny: I know that already, it sounds so cute <33 Some harmonies are slightly off, but since it's without music it's not that bothering :)

K.Will - Never Go Alone:
- Husbando singing her husbando's song *-* Sounds so nice qq
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Postby xKeirafanx » Tue May 07, 2013 7:06 pm

I guess that "some harmonies are slightly off" means that I manage to at least get a few of them after all >< eh...
Every K.Will song is a husbando's song ;) and I am glad you like it even without music.
Lost in #BR-land
Noræon's Middle Child
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Tue May 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Of course :) I told you you improve more and more, just keep practicing them! :3
it sounds really nice for me *__*
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
Sai
BR's Strong "The Jjong" Baby!

Postby Sai » Wed May 08, 2013 7:44 pm

I think for the Sunny-acapella, some harmonies would've belonged into a different key, so if the song was written slightly differently, they would've fit, but like this, they're off... I hope this makes sense (T T); But the main voice sounds great, and I think the way your power improved is even more audible acapella :)

The Never Go Alone acapella is very pretty~~! It sounds as if the song means a lot to you.
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Re: [Solo] Keira's Butterfly Snippets (140310: Set Me Free)

Postby xKeirafanx » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:12 pm

@Sai: I see~ I'll work on getting the right harmonies for the right key. Ah yes. For one, it's a K.Will song, for another it really has beautiful lyrics.

Uploaded with a piece of...yeah whatever actually, I gave up.
Lost in #BR-land
Noræon's Middle Child
Sai

Postby Sai » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:39 am

D: I really don't know why you're so unhappy about this recording, it sounds beautiful! Your voice suits ballads so well <3 And those high notes in the chorus sound great! It also sounds really emotional.

Ah, below is a wall of text but it's not as bad as it looks, I hope! (T T) These are exercises that came to my mind because I'm currently working exactly on those things in my vocal lessons so I hope you don't mind me throwing them in! (T T)

Some of the low notes sound a little unstable/too low. To improve those, you could try to sing "below your larynx". Put one finger below your larynx and when on an "uuaaah" sound (kind of like yawning), try to make that area vibrate. Your jaw has to be completely relaxed, just let it fall down if you open your mouth to make the sound. If you do it correctly, you will look really funny and sound like a neandertal XD but this exercise helped me a great deal.. You can do that on scales (which should hopefully be up somewhere on youtube). You don't need to copy the exact same position of your voice when you actually sing songs, but if you do this exercise often enough, your brain will remember it and it will influence your singing and make low notes easier to sing(^_^)

And I think you could do some breathing exercises too. Don't worry, breathing correctly is hard (T _ T) But one rule to go by is that your breath shouldn't be audible (then you open up everything in your throat). It's easiest to practice that without music first and then with low songs. And when you hold long notes, imagine that your ribcage has to become "wider", so to say. So the image is that you don't become smaller when you exahle but that your lungs/ribs actually expand.
Yukidama
BR's Snowball
BR's Snowball

Postby Yukidama » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:34 pm

You need to explain why you're not satisfied with You Set Me Free :o
You can't be bothered because not every note is executed 100% accurately. Nobody can do that >___<
I really admire your very long notes in this cover. They sound 100% on pitch thruout the whole note which makes it sound extremely beautiful and enjoyable to listen to.
I also think your low notes sounded better than ever. The beginning I really enjoyed.
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Postby xKeirafanx » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:55 pm

@Sai: Ah, always helpful Sai. If you keep this going I am going to profit from your vocal lessons for free xD I will try the larynx one. As for breathing, you gave me the advice with thinking wider before, but it doesn't seem to work out. I am trying it a lot, trying too to hold vibratos for longer, but I just get cut off by my lack of oxygen and it is entirely frustrating. It's actually one of the reasons why I am not satisfied with the cover, I can't seem to hold the notes in the chorus for as long as they should. I'm not getting a hang on how to keep power, keep stability and keep key, all at the same time. As a matter of fact I've been rapping more lately because my lack of progress is discouraging to no end.

@Anke: I don't want to dump a long list of complaints, but... ah, what an introduction to it. When recording it was really hard to find takes for the long notes where the pitch didn't grate or my breath said goodbye, I believe I did do better in non-recording but random practicing. I still think some parts here really are close to fall off pitch-wise and again, holding the note. It's a never-ending wrestle. As I sang this just by myself at home, everything sounded a lot better and I am just disappointed that my high hopes for this sounding really good and really special turned out to be "did okay, can do better". Perhaps I perceive it worse than it actually is. With headphones it certainly sounds better than just through speakers. I also thought I had those low notes in the bag, they turned out to be harder in the end.
Lost in #BR-land
Noræon's Middle Child
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:55 am

Ah you finished it! *-*
I have to say that you sound much more powerful to me in this one, your low notes have more power than they used to have in my ears o.o And kudos for singing that song, gah it's so beautiful *-*
I really like your voice in this song, I think you did a great job :( ! You sound like you trained your support so you can hold those long notes better than before :3 I got all dreamy listening to this haha XD It sounds lovely to me qq! <3
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...

Return to “Previous Solo Releases”