i know you want to click this!

Archive
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Re: i know you want to click this!

Postby Almighty Cho » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:49 am

Oh what did the guy say to your portfolio btw?
I think sai is the best to ask about techniques :)
Where is the cover? I don't see it? >< Or am i blind? XD'
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
21cssk
BR's Michmellow
BR's Michmellow

Postby 21cssk » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:54 am

just submitted it about an hour ago so i don't know XD ahh i'll give sai a poke thanksies. ♥
aaand the cover's in the first page haha
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:05 pm

Ah ok~
...I hate living in germany when it comes to GEMA blocking all videos on yt i wanna see >>
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
21cssk
BR's Michmellow
BR's Michmellow

Postby 21cssk » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:06 pm

o.O you can't see the video????
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:08 pm

No, it's blocked x.x Sorry :(
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
Tuan
BR's Boo
BR's Boo

Postby Tuan » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:02 pm

Miich~ I miss hearing your voice haha <3 Defying Gravity sounds so amazing! Your high notes are so eargasmic xD. Even the bring me down part is on pitch to my ears :). Like I've probably said before, the only thing that you really need to improve on is your power at the top~ Keep working hard to achieve your dreams Mich! Hwaiting! I believe in you :)
Yukidama
BR's Snowball
BR's Snowball

Postby Yukidama » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:32 pm

Aww you sang the Glee version x3 I love this so much ^^ I missed the duet effect just a little. You sang beautifully. This song has SUCH high notes >_< and.you.hit.them.all. Hitting those easier will only require a little of training I guess. I dunno much about breathing techniques so I cannot help you here. Sai is probably the best person to ask ^3^
YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

Postby YouJuChan » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:19 pm

I could listen to you forever and ever and ever ;___; <3
I find it funny how I know such awesome english songs through Glee only LOL I really loved it. I don't even know what to add to this comment X'D Your voice is just so sweet and so controlled! Really awesome <3
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter
Sai
BR's Strong "The Jjong" Baby!

Postby Sai » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:34 pm

Such a beautiful cover (T T) I still love your high notes so much <3 Also, I think you hit them all great! The very high notes were a little soft, but it's always better to sing the notes softly than to put pressure on your voice and strain. I think if you continue to sing songs in this range, you can also strenghten your very high notes over time as you get used to those notes more and become more confident.

Beware, wall of text coming... XD;

Did you change the volumes of your breathing? I'm just asking because one rule you can go by is that you breath correctly when your breath cannot be heard. In that case, you open up your throat wide enough that no air gets blocked. It's hard to do that in faster songs though (T T); I'll upload a video with an exercise on how you can train this, though I think you don't have too much of a problem with that (at least I didn't hear your breathings too much in other recordings where I mixed your takes).
Another problem might be that, when you think of high notes as high, your larynx might go up. I can't tell if that's the case with your singing, I'm sorry (T T);; If the larynx goes up, it obstructs the air flow, which means you'd need more air to sing the higher notes and would be out of breath easier. But it might help (and this is something I have suggested on Ky's last post as well so sorry if you read it before~!) to either (if you sing while standing up) go down a little so that your knees bend, or if you sing while sitting to just make a hand movement downwards. This is an easy way of tricking your brain into concentrating on the downwards movement your body makes rather than the upwards movement your voice makes, and your larynx stays neutral.
I hope the following makes sense... I've never tried to explain it in English before (u _ u) but in order to go up, your vocal chords become shorter and thinner. This means they shouldn't let through as much air as for lower notes. While your breath needs to be super controlled for higher notes and supported even more than for lower notes, you don't need more air to sing higher notes. I find that it helps to sometimes think of the vocal chords' movements as well, so I'm throwing this in too. XD;

These are all just suggestions, and I hope something of this helps you out (T T);

I'll definitely try to put in some more breathing exercises in the video I'll upload (hopefully tomorrow), but something else... this is my biggest problem (T T) might be that it gets hard to support your breath if your muscles aren't trained enough. So you might do everything right from your technique, but if you lack the (muscular) power to actively support your breathing, it gets tough and tiring and singing with power becomes trouble too. (u u);; if you don't train your belly and back muscles yet, it might also help to start with that. (In that case, you could ask Cho for help on how to train them the best? XD; And we could do it together haha XD)
21cssk
BR's Michmellow
BR's Michmellow

Postby 21cssk » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:15 pm

@twan: o.o why would you miss my voice, i'm in lots of the newer releases XD
but thankyou so much for the support ;-; i'll totally try my best to improve and improve ♥

@anke: aww i listen to rachel's solo version more often than the duet so.... i don't know how it feels XD hihi thankyou so much for listening. ♥

@bigi: don't waste your time on listening to me, go sing some more ;_; (IKR hahahhaaha but Glee sings like.. every song so..... XD) thank you so much for listening ♥

@sai: do you know any other songs around this range & power for me to practice? haha

one rule you can go by is that you breath correctly when your breath cannot be heard. o.o i think i breathe pretty loudly..? oh my god i even fail in breathing correctly o.o

but if you lack the (muscular) power to actively support your breathing, it gets tough and tiring and singing with power becomes trouble too.
NOW I KNOW WHY I'M SO BAD HERE. ugh i'm allergic to 99/100 types of sports so no wonders there x__x i should go give cho a poke.... for easy exercises......

thank you so much for the explanations! <3 wow most of them are new to me....... looking forward for your video!
21cssk
BR's Michmellow
BR's Michmellow

Postby 21cssk » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:05 pm

it's been a year since i made this thread...? and four months since i last updated it...? XDDD
but it's updated with a new cover now hihi ♥ again, please, be a simon cowell to me and spit out any constructive criticisms you have in mind pleashy <3
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:12 pm

*points at yt comment* :P
And please update this more! *-*
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
Kyllia
BR's Chinadian
BR's Chinadian

Postby Kyllia » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:19 pm

I commented on youtube too haha but did you do the stutters and what not as well in those parts near the end?
Sai

Postby Sai » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:42 pm

Wah, your harmonies are amazing! (; w ; ) And you brought just the right amount of attitude for this song too~~ The only thing I can think of that maybe a little more chest voice during the low part of the bridge would have suited the song well, though it sounds great the way you sang it, too! Ah, you're awesome (; w ; ) (How do you make high notes sound so easy? (; O ; ) <3)
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Postby xKeirafanx » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:33 am

I honestly admit I had no idea who Kiss&Cry were but this cover really makes me want to check them out!

The harmonies are just WHAT, so amazing. Just how much time did you spend on sing all those. Lovely mixing, you sound so amazing and mature here and those adlibs, just...whoa.
Lost in #BR-land

Noræon's Middle Child

Return to “Previous Solo Releases”