[Solo] THSK - Love In The Ice (laidback JP ver)

Archive
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Re: [Solo] THSK - TAXI

Postby Almighty Cho » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:52 pm

[katzsong cover] Tohoshinki - TAXI
Haha cool idea to cover the first song you ever did again :D
You tried to be really subtle and soft in the verses which sounded pretty good I think :3
I think you had some parts in the chorusses where you struggled with, I prefer the verses so to say, cause you sound much more relaxed and natural there :33
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

Postby YouJuChan » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:09 pm

I only listened to TAXI so far (cause waaaahhh so many previous solos I haven't listened to before XD ) huhuuuuu makes me cry T_T I love this song and it's so low so kudos for doing it! <3
I heard some timing problems, eg at the beginning, but I know it starts all of a sudden so it's difficult to keep the tempo >< But I like how you portrayed the emotion~ The second chorus was really pretty!
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter
rinzhen
Debuting
Debuting

Postby rinzhen » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:18 am

I just listened to your TAXI.
You have a good grasp of your lower notes, but you seem to be a little struggling with some of your high notes at certain parts of the song. Other than that, your voice is really gentle and easy to the ears. Kudos on the cover, and keep singing on :D
katzsong
Singer
Singer

Re: [Solo] Yumi Arai - Hikoukigumo (feat. Paniyolo acoustic)

Postby katzsong » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:24 am

@Cho: Thanks for listening! Yeah, I tried to portray frustrations plus struggling with high notes so...I'll keep working on that ;)

@Bigi: woah, Bigi comment! Well, it's just rare for me teehee. Thank you for listening and glad you like the second chorus (sure it was the second chorus? Idk, because I prefer my last two chorus haha)

@Rinzhen: Thank you for listening! Yeah, I tend to loose power when the notes get high. So, still practicing on that, once in awhile/in my spare time. Thank you again, for the feedback :)

And there's a new cover. I got inspired by Kaze Tachinu (the movie). I really love the ending song, Hikoukigumo by Yumi Arai. I got the acoustic cover from souncloud, because other karaoke versions was just too...karaoke-ish or midi-ish (there was a good piano cover, but it got cut short). I love this guitar acoustic cover. I hope my voice did some justice and did my best to give emotion to the song. Hope it's somewhere decent :P
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Re: [Solo] Yumi Arai - Hikoukigumo (feat. Paniyolo acoustic)

Postby Almighty Cho » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:00 am

How can you always do full covers so fast? XD I envy people who are like "I'll cover this. bam done" XD

Yumi Arai - Hikoukigumo (with Paniyolo acoustic cover)
It's really hearable to tried to put emotions in this! Some notes are a bit hard song, but the rest sounds really smooth, I like ^^ The high notes you had to try a bit to hard to hit them but then again the contrast from low to high was pretty wide, so ^^" Were you standing while recording? In that case taking a step back when singing the high note could help a bit cause it's distracting you from actually trying to sing it, but just let it out ^^
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
katzsong
Singer
Singer

Re: [Solo] Les Miserables - Bring Him Home (JP ver)

Postby katzsong » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:57 am

@Cho: that's not fast, imho XD but yeah, I kinda pick easy songs lately. Easy, as the song has no harmonies/effects/easy-to-mix. simply the songs I really wanted to sing. I practice a bit here and there, and when it came to recording time, I mostly done 3 takes and pick which one has the best lines at the time. And let it go :P

For my latest cover, I've wanted to sing this long time ago. But after seeing Il Divo live, I feel more compelled to do the cover. I've just found the whole album in Japanese about a couple of weeks ago and really like the version (second after Colm Wilkinson's version :P). I hope this is decent...
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Re: [Solo] Les Miserables - Bring Him Home (JP ver)

Postby Almighty Cho » Fri May 02, 2014 8:49 pm

It seems so fast to me O.O I always take like years or decades XDD

Les Miserables - Bring Him Home (Japanese version):
I of course dunno the original LOL do i ever? |D'
Oh I think you did pretty good in this one! I really like the difference between the softer breakable-seeming higher notes and the stronger low notes ^^
Sometimes it seemed as if the timing was a bit off but then again i dunno the original so i dunno if that is right or not :)'
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
katzsong
Singer
Singer

Re: [Solo] THSK - Love In The Ice (laidback JP ver)

Postby katzsong » Sat May 17, 2014 6:35 pm

@Cho: Really? You don't know this one. It's just a Japanese version of the song from the musical Les Miserables, with the same title. The timing might be off because sometimes I held a note longer than the originals :P
Thanks for listening :)

And there's a new cover. I just want to sing but I don't wanna do the all the intricate work XD That's why I called it laidback singing. I didn't do the harmonies, and there might be some pitch and timing problem. I just want to sing this song, after I saw Junsu performed a snippet of it at his show in Japan. All that old feeling...

Return to “Previous Solo Releases”