[Solo] THSK - Love In The Ice (laidback JP ver)

Archive
katzsong
Singer
Singer

[Solo] THSK - Love In The Ice (laidback JP ver)

Postby katzsong » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:29 pm

So, these are my most recent covers. Starting from the oldest:

Ohno Satoshi - TWO

Arashi - Believe (feat. stormychuu piano arrangement)

AAA - Miss You (acapella short version)

Arashi - CALLING (Last Hope opening version acapella)

original version:
Spoiler: Show

[Katzsong cover] Arashi - BREATHLESS short version

[Katzsong cover] Arashi - BREATHLESS short version acapella

Arashi - Breathless ~short ver~ original:
Spoiler: Show

Arashi - Full of Love

Utada Hikaru - Letters

Ninomiya Kazunari - Sore wa Yappari Kimi Deshita

[katzsong cover] Gethsemane - Jesus Christ Superstar rock opera

[Katzsong cover] Zedd - Spectrum

[katzsong cover] Matilda the musical - Naughty

[katzsong cover] Arashi - SUPER FRESH

[katzsong cover] Tatsuro Yamashita - Hikari to Kimi e no Requiem

[katzsong cover] Tohoshinki - TAXI

[katzsong cover] Yumi Arai - Hikoukigumo (with Paniyolo acoustic cover)

[katzsong cover] Les Miserables - Bring Him Home (Japanese version)

NEW!
[katzsong cover] THSK - Love In The Ice (laidback version)
Last edited by katzsong on Sat May 17, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Re: [Solo] Katzsong recent covers

Postby Almighty Cho » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:05 am

I think I know none of those songs, so I'll just make an overall comment XD

Ohno Satoshi - TWO:
I think you sound partly too "hard" for me, you know? A bit too forced and you seem to fight sometimes to stay exactly on pitch and therefore the emotions get lost and you sound a bit too hard >< Sometimes when a song I really want to cover desperately but I have problems with it at first because of pitch-emotion-aspect I do it like this, first just SING it without staying on pitch, but just put my feelings into the lyrics and say it no matter if i go offpitch, but sing it until you feel comfortable in a special way of singing it. Then train the pitch without loosing those trained emotions. And if you have to change some notes of the original song, hey you directly improvised something which is good :) Make the song yours, not try to fit into the too-small-borders of the song ^^

Arashi - Believe (feat. stormychuu piano arrangement):
Sometimes I wonder how good you can sing low ^^ The emotion seems more present here :) I think the emotions you can convey more when it's in a low comfortable range for you - which again means, train to get higher without getting hard :)

AAA - Miss You (acapella short version):
Dunno the song so I can't judge on pitch, but just can add the emotion-aspect on the higher notes again :)

Nakashima Mika - Hatsukoi:
Correction. I know this song for once! xD
It is hearable you sound partly softer here in the verses! :3 If you train soft like that (or whatever emotion is required) before training the pitch I think it could help you a lot to improve on the aspects mentioned :) The high notes in the chorus again sound a bit too forced, maybe it would be good there to change the pitch of singing into something comfortable for you :) (yay for harmonies :3)

I hope I don't sound mean cause I don't mean to harm you in any way, I just try to give tips for improvement.. ^^
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
katzsong
Singer
Singer

Postby katzsong » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:56 am

@Cho: it's all ok ^^ Thanks for listening and giving feedbacks! :D

Yeah, I kinda know sometimes when I sound "hard". I probably use the term "stiff", like a strict voice with no/less emotional aspect. And I think sometimes it has to do with my breathing control. When I sounded hard, it's because I kinda force my vocal to sing without losing too much breath. If you get what I mean. For low pitch I can relax more, maybe that's why it has more emotional aspect.
And yeah, I kinda think I wanna redo Hatsukoi in lower pitch :P I love Mika's low range but I hate her high range XDD

Ok, thanks for all of your feedback. Let me see if I can..whenever I have time. Slowly perhaps :P
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Postby xKeirafanx » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:55 pm

I feel like you felt most comfortable singing the Arashi song. I think Hatsukoi fits you and I'd recommend you to work on slowly getting a broader register. You can sing pretty low which is great, most of us here can't get that low, but I'd love to hear your higher register building up. Try to gradually sing songs with higher notes, but go bit by bit and not too fast. I don't want you to strain your voice. Just use a song where you have one high note still in your comfort zone and train that. When you reach that with stability, find another song. If you gain higher register and record Hatsukoi again then, you'll hear the improvement, especially in stability. I'm saying that as someone who also struggles with high register at times. Please don't be discouraged, aight?
Another thing, sometimes notes sound a bit muffled like you close your lips too much while bringing them out. Try to move your lips more and open your mouth wider. You don't have to look like one of those opera singers, but to give you a slight orientation how that looks.
Lost in #BR-land

Noræon's Middle Child
katzsong
Singer
Singer

Postby katzsong » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:41 pm

@Keira: but...but...your high register is beautiful *.*
haha thanks for the feedback :) Yeah, I shall try to train my high register...slowly :P though I'm much more comfortable with low register, 'coz it gives me advantage when I cover a boys/male-group's songs.
And did you actually said that I can sing like Mika if I try really hard? XDD

Adding one of my latest quick cover to original post :P
katzsong
Singer
Singer

Re: [Solo] Katzsong covers - Arashi "Calling" short acapella

Postby katzsong » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:19 am

Adding my latest cover, Arashi - Breathless short version, with and without music (vocal cuts) :P
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Re: [Solo] Katzsong covers - Arashi "Breathless" short ver

Postby Almighty Cho » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:26 pm

Yo~ xD

Arashi - CALLING (Last Hope opening version acapella)
- of course dunno the original again so can't say much xD but yay for harmonies ^^ lol the "1 way or die" or so was so cool XD

Arashi - BREATHLESS short version
- Some of the high harmonies in the beginning sound slightly offpitch >< Your voice color fits the song nicely :) The chorus sounds nice ^^
I wish you would try out a ballad (maybe a low woman ballad and not a men ballad) once to train a bit on your emotional aspect and finding a bit more of own style :3
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
katzsong
Singer
Singer

Re: [Solo] Katzsong covers - Arashi "Full of Love"

Postby katzsong » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:47 am

@Cho: thanks again for listening :) yeah, I notice that my harmonies didn't really go very well. Shall fix that (hopefully, if I can) when I made the full version cover.

And I'm lack of knowledge of low-pitch female ballad, since most of the songs/music I listened to came from male singers/groups :P Mika Nakashima and Utada Hikaru have some songs that has low range, but also some high range in the same song >.<

Anyway, I'm doing the low-range mid-tempo male song for my latest cover. And if anyone have time, you guys can check it out :P and Arashi again, surprise surprise XDD
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Re: [Solo] Katzsong covers - Arashi "Full of Love"

Postby Almighty Cho » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:44 am

Finally time to listen xD

Arashi - Full of Love
As usual the lower notes are more stable than the higher ones, which would again suggest me to you to train your middle range to get more stable in it :)
I dunno the song but sometimes the timing seemed off ><
The chorus sounds nice, with high notes also ^^
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
katzsong
Singer
Singer

Re: [Solo] Katzsong covers - Hikki "Letters"

Postby katzsong » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Thanks again, Cho, for listening :)
The timing was off because for some reason, the official instrumental has different tempo than the original song >.<. It gave me a headache when I try to mix it, so I did my best to match the tempo, but apparently not good enough :3

Anyway, so...yeah, I tried another girl song. Idk if I was improving or not. A bit better than my Hatsukoi rendition...I think. A tiny little bit :P

and taking a little break for guys' songs XDD will get back to them soon...
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:19 pm

No problem, I gladly listen when I have time haha :)
(I just wished others would listen to other people's stuff too..)

Utada Hikaru - Letters:
Aaah Utada, the memories *-*
The first notes I honestly thought the song is too high for you but as it went on you had some really nice notes in that ! :3
The part from 0:55 was amazingly sexy !! :D
Some notes were still unsure, but this song actually sounded like you improved your high pitch register already, so keep it going! ^-^
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
Kyllia
BR's Chinadian
BR's Chinadian

Postby Kyllia » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:50 am

OMG you crazy covering a Hikki song :P
I think the song is too high for you but you did pull off the notes though it does sound not comfortably in your range. Not sure if it's your mic but your voice sits on top of the instrumental and doesn't blend well with it if you know what I mean >w< so especially the parts with background vocals sounds a little funny. But overall you hit pretty much all the notes which is amazing for a Hikki song haha :) good job!
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Postby xKeirafanx » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:43 pm

Omo, Hikki. You have guts xD
The instrumental sounds a bit odd at times. It's nice to hear your singing more in high register again for this. I feel like you worked on the pointers I gave last time, because your voice comes out very clear and far less muffled as in deeper songs. For a second I thought "wow, is this really Mitra" because it was so clear. I really like it, your voice has a very sweet quality in here too.
Lost in #BR-land

Noræon's Middle Child
katzsong
Singer
Singer

Postby katzsong » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:58 pm

Thank you so much for Cho, Ky and Keira for taking the time to listen to my fail!Hikki XD
I don't know if it's guts or sheer silliness. I just love Hikki's songs so much, though I know I fail much in singing them. So, once in awhile I will sing Hikki's song. Maybe once...in a long while :P and thanks for the tips! Shall work on them when I can.

Anyhow, so soundcloud decided to delete my cover of Mika Nakashima - Hatsukoi, because they have received a complaint saying it's violating copyrights law. While I doubt that they've mistaken my voice as the real Mika-san (LOL + bitter laugh here), I assume they didn't like that the instrumentals were being uploaded.

And I have one quick cover to share. Back to guys' song, since I finally saw the live performance yesterday (a video of it) and it prompted me to cover it. I tried singing a girl's song afterward, but not really feeling it. So, yeah, just one cover. It's a one shot also, coz I was really in a low mood for intricate mixing. I still am.
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Re: [Solo] Katzsong covers - Nino "Sore wa Yappari Kimi Desh

Postby Almighty Cho » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:28 pm

Grr i hate when covers are deleted >>

Ninomiya Kazunari - Sore wa Yappari Kimi Deshita : (that surely is a long songtitle LOL)
- How can your voice still be so full when you go so low? ôô *envy* Eh anyways, it's listenable you tried to improve a bit on the emotional aspect :) It worked on some places, some places still sound a bit forced, for those parts I always close my eyes when singing and just move my arms forward and backward, then my head is "distracted" from my bodymovements and my voice can come loose and natural ^^ Song sounds nice anyways ^^ Hwaiting :3
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...

Return to “Previous Solo Releases”