[Solo] THSK - Love In The Ice (laidback JP ver)

Archive
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Re: [Solo] Katzsong covers - Nino "Sore wa Yappari Kimi Desh

Postby xKeirafanx » Tue May 07, 2013 5:18 pm

Uh, a Nino solo cover. How nice.

You get really low *envious* I hear more and more improvement regarding a clear sound and your stability is very good here too. I enjoyed the listen.
Lost in #BR-land

Noræon's Middle Child
katzsong
Singer
Singer

Re: [Solo] Katzsong covers - Gethsemane (JCS rock opera)

Postby katzsong » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:54 am

@Cho: thanks for listening :) Idk how, but I'll keep in mind that "body moving distraction" method ;)

@Keira: Thanks for listening too! :) Glad you think that my vocal was stable on that number.

Ok, for my new cover, I might be crazy, but that is my fave piece from the legendary rock opera. No way that cover can be compared to wonderful versions which have been performed live all over the world (and mostly by male anyway). This is just an expression of how much I love the song.

and working a more pop-ish cover after that XD Gethsemane is such a hard song to sing but easy to mix :P
Sai
BR's Strong "The Jjong" Baby!
BR's Strong "The Jjong" Baby!

Re: [Solo] Katzsong covers - Gethsemane (JCS rock opera)

Postby Sai » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:23 pm

I think there are some reaaally great sounding notes in there! Esp the "taste its poison" and later the "expectations"~ some of the parts were a little too low for you (but you have an amazing low range, the song is just... so low XD) and you were a little off-pitch sometimes, I think on higher notes it was because you weren't supporting your voice enough, I'm not sure though (; ;

Another thing I noticed is that you're voice has a really great position for the low notes but for higher notes, you kinda shift it in your mouth a little so that it sits "at the back" of your throat. I'd try imagining the voice has to be "at the front teeth" while singing, so that the placement will stay the same for low and high notes!(^-^)

Overall you did a great job though! I think it was audible how much you like the song. (^^/
katzsong
Singer
Singer

Re: [Solo] Katzsong covers - Zedd's Spectrum

Postby katzsong » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:40 pm

@Sai: Thanks for listening! :)
Yeah, I keep forgetting "voice at the front of the teeth" thing. Idk how I can do that. I think I was trying to control my breathing, so if I push my voice to the front, I loose breath faster than keeping 'em back at the throat (?). Something like that. Well, shall practice more.
Well, it's a guy's song, so it has low notes. Though I honestly think I can reach them if I had my throat on perfect condition. That day was...not on that condition :P or yeah, I'm still a female anyway haha.

Thanks for listening and giving the feedback again! :)

And on a more lighter cover, I tried to cover an English song, by Zedd. Guess he's like a DJ, like David Guetta or Swedish House Mafia? Forgive my ignorance. I haven't looked into him that much, but I really like this song. I think I missed some effects, but I'm kinda lazy now, so I skipped them XD /bricked.
I'm also working on the Korean version, which was done by SM the Entertainer. I may not follow SM anymore, but I gotta admit the Korean version of this song is nice as well. Heck, I love this song so much, I probably will cover it in any languages available lol.
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Re: [Solo] Katzsong covers - Zedd's Spectrum

Postby Almighty Cho » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:39 am

Had no time to listen to the new songs, will do so now :)

Gethsemane - Jesus Christ Superstar rock opera
Some notes seem a little unsteady here and there. It sounds like you didn't get quite as low as it was supposed to be, in those moments (overall at that low parts) I would try to just sing it higher :) Either way just go an octave higher to make it sound like a harmony or if it's something faster search some fitting notes in between and do it in your own style :)
Otherwise: what Sai that ^^

Zedd - Spectrum
OMG i love that song x_x (esp the korean version by SM :D)
Some harmonies are a tad off at some words, overall great job on doing them all!
And YES finally a high chorus! :D I would advice you to sing more often that high, cause if you do you train your voice in singing that high and it doesn't sound bad hihi! :3
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
katzsong
Singer
Singer

Re: [Solo] Katzsong covers - Matilda's Naughty

Postby katzsong » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:36 pm

@Cho: thanks for listening and commenting :P
And yeah, I'm trying to train the high range now. Idk if I did it right though XDD

Anyway, I'm kinda in a musical fever since I watched the Tony Awards few weeks ago. And since I have no time for intricate mixing now, simple musical songs will do. I really like Matilda the musical, just from the parts they performed in the Tony-show. So, I'm trying to let out my Matilda's spirit and give it a go. Fail-childlike vocal, people. You have been warned haha
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:02 pm

Matilda the musical - Naughty:
Yay for female voice song! :) I feel like you tried to imitate the original voice though? It doesn't really sound like you >< That's not how you train your high range :P Training it right means find a way to remain YOUR voice and get YOUR voice to sing higher :) If you would sing this song in your own style I think it would sound a bit better ^^ (that doesn't say that this sounds bad)
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
katzsong
Singer
Singer

Postby katzsong » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:13 pm

@Cho: well, I was also playing with my voice, since this is supposed to be sung by Matilda, which is a little girl, so I'm trying to sound like a little girl :P plus British accent (which I love haha). My actual voice wouldn't be much different because the key/pitch is quite high.
Well, this is not the only female song I was trying to sing, but this is the easiest one to mix, so it came out early :P

/back into busy RL
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Postby xKeirafanx » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:10 pm

I thought is sounds cute? It sounds different from you indeed, but I think it's adorable.
Lost in #BR-land

Noræon's Middle Child
katzsong
Singer
Singer

Re: [Solo] Katzsong covers - Arashi's SUPER FRESH

Postby katzsong » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:14 pm

@Keira: Thank you ^^ I don't do adorable often, so your compliment meant a lot :)

So...haven't got the time to practice more on the high range. But since it's kinda a long National holidays in my country, I have time to edit old projects (months old). This is one of it. It's the low range again. And I know I haven't got some of the harmonies right (the mid range harmonies), but yeah, this will do for now. I love the song ever since I saw it performed live in their recent concert (DVD).
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Arashi - SUPER FRESH:
...LOW! XDD Omg i heard a high song before so the beginning was like BAM to my ears! Like WTEFFF XD
You somehow sound pretty comfortable in here though! Yeah you already talked about the offnote in the chorus which was the middle harmony i think :)
Somehow I like the sound of you in this song ^^ Only thing about the mixing is that the music is a bit quiet :)'
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
katzsong
Singer
Singer

Postby katzsong » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:06 pm

After a looooong time. I recorded this a month ago. The original is the soundtrack of the Japanese movie Hidamari no Kanojo (Girl in the Sunny Place). The movie, to my surprise, is quite nice and I kinda love it :P
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:56 am

Oh Mitra you're alive! :D

Tatsuro Yamashita - Hikari to Kimi e no Requiem
Of course i dunno the original ~
I have to admit i kinda missed your low voice here ^^
This sounds pretty nice I think, the high in the chorus sound more stable than before so yay! ^^
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
katzsong
Singer
Singer

Re: [Solo] Hikari to kimi e no Requiem

Postby katzsong » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:35 pm

@Cho: Thanks for listening! Yeah, I got a bit of a slow start this year. I recorded during the short break of Xmas/New Years, a bit of classes then another week of Chinese New Year's Holiday which just ended this week. And I've spend the week on a bad flu *sigh*.
I thought I was going to be productive (and may record 1-2 more songs) but nuuu, I just eat and sleep and cough. Better now though. Just in time to get back to classes. So...see you when I see you, guys :P
katzsong
Singer
Singer

Re: [Solo] THSK - TAXI

Postby katzsong » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:11 am

How are you doing, guys? I'm starting research atm. Anyway, I re-cover the song, Tohoshinki "Taxi", for an FB forum Valentine's celebration. They're doing a re-cover event, which is re-covering the first song that you ever covered, and compared it with the old ones to see if there's any improvement. Mine was this (it's on my soundcloud channel, if anyone interested). I covered it with the vocal cut glaring from the speaker and recorded my voice on a voice recorder from my old mp3 player, while singing along to the music. So much noise and stuffs. I don't know if it differs much though, except for the noises :P

Return to “Previous Solo Releases”