[Solo] IU - Riding The Train

Archive
Tuan
BR's Boo
BR's Boo

[Solo] IU - Riding The Train

Postby Tuan » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:22 am

Was in the mood for singing tonight :). This was pretty much a one take since I didn't really want to record until I was tired of singing again >.>. I've loved this song since I first heard it, and I don't even think the first person I heard it from was IU (It was a cover from a youtuber).

"Rode the train not knowing where it’ll go
Hurt by the breakup, I recklessly took the train to look for a deserted place
The beach outside the window, I wiped my tears, I’ll be back again after 1, 2, 3…
I turned my head, recalling our faded love, I don’t wanna cry anymore
So I want to accept, so now I take the train to forget you
Nobody knows, only you know about this sad breakup trip
I love you so much I’d rather hate you, it takes so much strength. I don’t wanna cry anymore
So I want to accept, so now I take the train to forget you
A new white winter I take the train to forget you"

Enjoy & Comment!: Show
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Re: [Solo] IU - Riding The Train

Postby Almighty Cho » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:12 pm

See you sing and sing well so why you want to leave uuuus, you have to stay here and make lots of collabs! qq
You sound so breakable and clear at the higher parts in the verses, they sound very good :3
It sounds very emotional, me likeys though I think at some points a bit power into the breakable-emotional-parts would've sounded a bit better :) But it already sounds good like this ^^
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
Tuan
BR's Boo
BR's Boo

Postby Tuan » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:27 am

Thanks for listening Cho :) I was singing at 12 AM and my parents were sleeping next door x_X. But either way I wanted it to sound weak and breakable instead of adding power haha. Sometimes I get in the mood to sing, but then that time is never when I need to record :(. And I get so frustrated with trying to make it sound perfect to my ears, which become less reliable the more I rerecord >.>.
YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

Postby YouJuChan » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:47 pm

What do I read? You want to leave us? O__O DON'T!!!! Q______Q
I don't know the song but the beginning was so beautiful ;_____; Gave me goosebumps!
There were some notes which were slightly off (those were you go higher and then lower and higher again) but those notes where you go high suddenly were soo nice <3 And the end was just perfect imo!
Don't even dare to stop singing ok?! TOT (we haven't had a duet yet! D< )
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter
Tuan
BR's Boo
BR's Boo

Postby Tuan » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:13 pm

Haha Id love to do a duet with you and your beautiful voice :) except for my range is terrible x_x

Thanks for listening <3 I'll try to make time for recording but running pretty low on that recently haha.
Yukidama
BR's Snowball
BR's Snowball

Postby Yukidama » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:45 pm

This sounds very, very beautiful. The very soft notes are so intimate, it breaks your heart ;;

I understand that leading projects or even only participating in them, sticking to deadlines and all that stuff can sometimes put too much pressure on yourself or get you stressed out, especially when you don't have that much time and you don't want to disappoint anyone, or disappoint yourself when all that you can produce under pressure are lines you aren't satisfied with. So I wouldn't say "stay with us" if you don't enjoy it or you can't enjoy it as much as you would like to. But please don't stop singng, even if you take a break from BR. Your voice has such a naturally beautiful tone and with the right amount of training it could turn out really, really great. So please, either way, keep on singing.. and maybe come back every once in a while with a solo you really felt like doing~
Tuan
BR's Boo
BR's Boo

Postby Tuan » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:56 pm

Thanks for listening Anke :). I couldn't stop singing if I wanted to haha, it's the recording that gets annoying sometimes. Thanks for you kind words <3
21cssk
BR's Michmellow
BR's Michmellow

Postby 21cssk » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:49 pm

*O* YAY you sang one of my most favorite IU songs ever ;__; ♥ AND THIS MOST BE ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COVER OF THIS SONG EVER huhuhuhuhu twan whyyyyyyyy ;__________;

i don't know whatelse to say........ so please just pm me the dl link for this cover kayyy
Tuan
BR's Boo
BR's Boo

Postby Tuan » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:03 pm

Haha, I am glad you liked it Mich :) It's not even perfect T_T But I'll message you the link <3. Thanks for listening!
Sai
BR's Strong "The Jjong" Baby!
BR's Strong "The Jjong" Baby!

Postby Sai » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:39 pm

This is so beautiful~ I love your emotion here. <3 There is one little pitch-problem the first time the verse progresses to the chorus, but then you seem to get into the song even more and you're very stable. I like how you sang this in your own style too and that you didn't pressure yourself into adding more power because like this you sound very comfortable. I want to hug you don't be saaaad This is definitely my favorite cover of yours so far! (* *)
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Postby xKeirafanx » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:16 pm

I listened to this. I did listen to this when you posted it, but then had to leave the wifi place I was in and when I had wifi again like 10 days later, commenting didn't happen for whatever reason.

I enjoyed this very much, because there is so much soul to it. It is audible in your voice that you really understand this song and you sound very soft and just above breaking in some parts. Although it is hard to you to be content with your recordings (I understand that very well), the result of this one I really love. Hwaiting.
Lost in #BR-land

Noræon's Middle Child
rinzhen
Debuting
Debuting

Postby rinzhen » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:59 am

I really like IU, and this song is one of my favorite <3

I think you put a lot of emotional weight in this song when you sing, and that is really, really lovely cause it does give the song a bit more body. There's a few slight pitch problems, but nothing too major.
Kudos on the song, overall :D I enjoyed listening to you.

Return to “Previous Solo Releases”