Rae's cover list! (^^)

Archive
Rae

Rae's cover list! (^^)

Postby Rae » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:06 pm

Hello hello! (^^)
I decided to take a break from my assignments and post this up. Hehe~
I'm also going to borrow the idea of putting up a thread for all of my covers to prevent spammage. I hope that's ok. (>.<)

☆UPDATED☆

(10/02/2014) Seikan Hikou -Platina Jazz Arrange- (Macross Frontier cover)
Click me!

For The First Time In Forever - Frozen cover
Click me!

Longing - Keeno
Click me!

Sayoko ~Jazz Arrange~ - mikitoP (Jazz arrange: DATEKEN)
Click me!

Sarishinohara ~Piano Ballad ver.~ - mikitoP
Click me!

Guren no Yumiya ~TV size~ - Linked Horizon (Attack on Titan OP)
Click me!

to the beginning - Kalafina
Spoiler: Show

I Love You - 2NE1 (Acoustic sample)
Click Me!

Missing You - 2NE1 (sample)
Click me!

It Hurts - 2NE1
Click me!

I'm sorry for my poor Korean pronunciation. (T_T)

I hope I linked it all correctly. (^^")
Sorry for the poor mixing. (;_;) I'm still an amateur when it comes to mixing but I'll try my best to work on it!
There are a lot more covers on my Soundcloud and YouTube channel so do feel free to check them out~!
(I didn't include my duets with Rin & Sai because they've already posted it up in their respective threads.)

Thank you so much for listening and I hope you've enjoyed my covers! (>.<)
Comments and constructive criticism are most welcomed! <3

I'll update this list again whenever I have a new cover. (^^)
Last edited by Rae on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kyllia
BR's Chinadian
BR's Chinadian

Re: Rae's cover list! (^^)

Postby Kyllia » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:08 pm

Wee lots of ear candy! Gonna give some constructive criticism on the songs I'm the most familiar with :P

For The First Time In Forever - Frozen
I really love Frozen and I love any covers of Frozen songs haha. I love talking parts during songs cause they're so fun and it really sounds like you had fun with them as well :D! You really portray Anna's excitement really well and I'm jealous how clear your voice is even on the high notes. But it was a bit high for you so a bit shaky at parts like getting to the note was good but you got shaky at the higher parts holding the notes. Also, the points where you switch to your head voice were really on point and I really loved your head voice.

Yay acoustic version! :) Very pretty song and I think it fits your voice well. However, judging by what your voice is capable of I think there's quite a few parts (like some of the transitions where the held notes go up and down, and some switches to the head voice) that you could have really excelled with but didn't exactly. Not saying it was bad because it was very good but because your voice has that potential I'd love to hear more :D. But attitude wise it was perfect :)

Just loved this~ Especially those background, the 'oohs' and at the beginning were just wow (those are my favourite parts of the song haha).

Anyways I really like your voice and am so jealous of your range :D Hope to hear you in projects and get to sing with you soon~
Rae

Postby Rae » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:22 am

@Kyllia: Thank youuu~! <3 *hugs* I'll try my best to be more active in the projects and threads here and yesss I can't wait to sing with you too!!

For The First Time In Forever
Yesss I had loads of fun recording FTFTIF! (too long, this title is just too long. Orz) Especially the voice acting bits! (^^) And yeah I agree, Kristen Bell's high notes were really too high for me at some points and I really had to struggle through them. (;_;) But I'll do my best to work on my control when it comes to hitting those high notes in the future!

I Love You - 2NE1
This was a pretty old work-in-progress that I've been meaning to redo. (>_<) But I'll keep those pointers in mind when I do the full cover of this song~! Thank you!! ^^

Missing You - 2NE1
Thank you! I'm really happy that you enjoyed it! But unfortunately the background vocals were sung by 2NE1 (which explains why it was just perfect <3). I had initially wanted to record my own bg vocals but the mixing software that I'm using didn't have the right affects for it so I used the 2NE1's official instrumental instead. (;_;)
Kyllia
BR's Chinadian
BR's Chinadian

Postby Kyllia » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:07 am

Ahaha well they worked perfectly with your voice and if you had sung them I'm sure it would sound perfect too :P But I enjoyed all aspects of that cover either way I just pointed those out cause they're my favourite parts haha xD
Sai
BR's Strong "The Jjong" Baby!
BR's Strong "The Jjong" Baby!

Postby Sai » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:49 am

I think I never commented on For the First Time in Forever, did I (; _ ; ) I think you suit Anna so much, your voice just goes so well with her character! And your voice acting was adorable (the "I wanna stuff some chocolate in my face"... I WANT TO HUG YOU!!! XD) The head voice notes (in the chorus) sound a little less open than your other notes. I think maybe you should shift your voice a little more backwards there (with a yawn-like position of your mouth) buuut I'm not sure. (u u)
(I also really like Kei's part here, btw. <3 she sounds so mature.)
Rae

Postby Rae » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:43 pm

Kyllia wrote:Ahaha well they worked perfectly with your voice and if you had sung them I'm sure it would sound perfect too :P But I enjoyed all aspects of that cover either way I just pointed those out cause they're my favourite parts haha xD

Aww thank you. (>///<) I would love to be able to do that but I understand what you mean. Those are my favorite parts too! Hehe <3

Sai wrote:I think I never commented on For the First Time in Forever, did I (; _ ; ) I think you suit Anna so much, your voice just goes so well with her character! And your voice acting was adorable (the "I wanna stuff some chocolate in my face"... I WANT TO HUG YOU!!! XD) The head voice notes (in the chorus) sound a little less open than your other notes. I think maybe you should shift your voice a little more backwards there (with a yawn-like position of your mouth) buuut I'm not sure. (u u)
(I also really like Kei's part here, btw. <3 she sounds so mature.)

Thank you Sai! <33 Hahahahah I ACCEPT ALL HUGS! >3
My head voice isn't exactly my strongest point but I'll try my best to improve on it!! Thank you for the advice! <3
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Re: Rae's cover list!

Postby Almighty Cho » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:11 pm

Sorry I had no chance to comment before ^^"

For The First Time In Forever - Frozen cover
- You have a pretty unique voice, it's gives a very fresh feeling ^^ I really like your vibrato it's very soothing ^^

Longing - Keeno
- This sounds so easy when you sing it, I think it isn't that easy to sing haha! Esp liking the higher notes, you sound so clear and it makes me smile ^^

Sayoko ~Jazz Arrange~ - mikitoP (Jazz arrange: DATEKEN)
- Wah I love jazz, you totally pulled me in there haha :D It sounds so darn cool and relaxed, can totally imagine you standing on stage with the band behind you and everyone totally swaying along to the song ^^

Sarishinohara ~Piano Ballad ver.~ - mikitoP
- Wah this sounds so beautiful again ^^ And harmonies *-* lol nothing more to say XD

Guren no Yumiya ~TV size~ - Linked Horizon (Attack on Titan OP)
- Wah a totally different genre haha didn't expect that XD I was unsure if you would fit this style but you sound so badass O.O Sounds so cool! :DD Had me grinning so wide because you suddenly exploded with power haha, very interesting side of your voice *-* I would like to hear those songs more if you know any :P

to the beginning - Kalafina
- You are all harmony geniuses! Really good cover *-* Kalafina is so hard to sing how can you all do so great ! XD

- I dunno what's so bad about your korean pronunciation, sounds pretty decent to me! And I don't think much of us speak korean and wouldn't even notice any mistakes :P What to say, it of course sounds good again XD!

- It sounds pretty good ^.^ I think you got more and more comfortable as the song went on, the first line sounds a bit much concentrated i think ^^

It Hurts - 2NE1
- You seem to like 2ne1? :P I don't mind i love their songs :D I don't think I heard anyone making a really good cover of this song (if i forgot any super cover please remind me again), it sounds like totally fitting to the mood! Your range is so wide and so stable everywhere it makes me jealous xD'

Sorry my comments kinda suck.. ._.'
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
Rae

Re: Rae's cover list!

Postby Rae » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:14 am

@Cho: Thank you Cho! <33 No no your comments don't suck at all. Lol! I really appreciate it~ (^^) And hehehe yesss I'm a BlackJack at heart, (although I'm first and foremost a Cassie. ;D) Thank you so much for listening! <333
Kyllia
BR's Chinadian
BR's Chinadian

Re: Rae's cover list! (UPDATED: Seikan Hikou -Jazz Arrange-)

Postby Kyllia » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:18 pm

Ooh I really love this! I have a friend who sings a lot of macross songs too and I really love the compositions from that anime. :P Anyways your voice is so perfect for japanese songs and I really love the jazz version you sang it pretty much perfectly in my opinion haha well as perfect as can be. :) Or maybe I'm just biased LOL
Rae

Postby Rae » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:30 am

Kyllia wrote:Ooh I really love this! I have a friend who sings a lot of macross songs too and I really love the compositions from that anime. :P Anyways your voice is so perfect for japanese songs and I really love the jazz version you sang it pretty much perfectly in my opinion haha well as perfect as can be. :) Or maybe I'm just biased LOL

Omg I'm so sorry for the super late reply!! (TT__TT) Thank you so much for listening and the kind words! <33 Hehehe, I'm always happy to find fellow Macross song lovers~ 8D
YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

Postby YouJuChan » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:41 pm

Aaahhh I know I listened to your For the first time in forever once (I liked it on youtube!) but I never wrote a comment on youtube did I? (I can't find it right now but if I already did, then I'll just give another one haha )
You totally made me happy with this cover T_T Like, I was smiling so much while listening that my cheek kinda hurt right now haha! I think you suit Anna's part perfectly! There were some shaky parts when you got higher, but the awesome speaking and other singing parts totally made up for it!

And some comments to the songs I just listened to ^o^

Missing you - Your timbre~ ;_; It totally sounds different than in your Frozen cover! i love it! Your 'geuriwohaeyo' OMG SO PRETTY! Can't you do a full version of this pleashy? ;;

It Hurts - I really don't know what to comment haha~ I listened.. and just enjoyed it, everything was so well done! I really love your high notes <3 The harmonies were also very pretty :D
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter
Rae

Postby Rae » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:44 am

YouJuChan wrote:Aaahhh I know I listened to your For the first time in forever once (I liked it on youtube!) but I never wrote a comment on youtube did I? (I can't find it right now but if I already did, then I'll just give another one haha )
You totally made me happy with this cover T_T Like, I was smiling so much while listening that my cheek kinda hurt right now haha! I think you suit Anna's part perfectly! There were some shaky parts when you got higher, but the awesome speaking and other singing parts totally made up for it!

And some comments to the songs I just listened to ^o^

Missing you - Your timbre~ ;_; It totally sounds different than in your Frozen cover! i love it! Your 'geuriwohaeyo' OMG SO PRETTY! Can't you do a full version of this pleashy? ;;

It Hurts - I really don't know what to comment haha~ I listened.. and just enjoyed it, everything was so well done! I really love your high notes <3 The harmonies were also very pretty :D

I'm so so sorry for the late reply!! (T_T) Thank you so much for listening! <33
Yeahhh the higher notes for Anna were really tough for me. I had to strain myself to reach those notes. (;_;) I'll try to finish the full version of Missing You when I have the time! ^^ The harmonies for It Hurts were pre-recorded by 2NE1 though so I can't claim credit for it. (>_<) But I'm very happy that you enjoyed those covers. Ehe <3
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Postby xKeirafanx » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:20 pm

I am so late to listen to all these that I can't even access half of them at this point *sighs*

Your voice is so suitable for jazz, it is crazy. I think I would put myself into jazz place and listen to you all night. I really love the Sayoko Jazz Arrange one.

For The First Time In Forever is amazing, btw.

Don't worry about your "poor" Korean pronunciation, my Japanese is flawed as hell and people still let me sing with them so it's really fine, alright? ;)
Lost in #BR-land
Noræon's Middle Child

Return to “Previous Solo Releases”