Issues and Discussions

Explanation to newly added things in forum.
Kyllia
BR's Chinadian
BR's Chinadian

Re: Issues and Discussions

Postby Kyllia » Thu May 03, 2012 2:44 pm

I used to write disclaimers and for the longest time I wouldn't get in trouble but I keep getting third party copyright claims now and the audio generally gets taken down even though I don't get strikes.
Some tips I've heard is to mirror any videos, put disclaimers, put up a shortened version of a song, pitch the song up or down a teensy bit.... Yeah loll
I think once your account has one strike or one third party copyright claim you start being watched a lot closer so all your subsequent ones get in trouble real fast >w<
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Thu May 03, 2012 3:09 pm

For me in the beginning of making covers I used mirrored videos, though the audio in it still got caught,
pitching up or down would totally ruin our cover XD
Shortened version of a song doesn't lead to everything if the instrumental is being caught though ><
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
hanipazui
BR's pedo!noona!
BR's pedo!noona!

Postby hanipazui » Thu May 03, 2012 4:48 pm

using videos from live performances will also get removed...
and nowadays YT is really bitchy with like everything...

but...
we can use original videos and lives if we upload them to FB pages...
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:27 pm

*crawls out of the dark*
Hey.. ><

I.. don't really know if this is the right place to come out to, buuuuut I have a thing that bothers me about BR at the moment..
And I want to talk about it before it makes me distance myself more as I already am (because I am totally stressed and worn out because of hospital work from 8am to 11am and then 12am to 5pm school everyday).

SO.
To tell it short: It's about me and the "singing-harmonies"-issue if I can call it like that.
I'll try to sum it up shortly:
- I love to cover, I love to sing harmonies and I'm capable of hearing a lot of them and if i can't clearly hear them then i invent a load. It's like that.
- I like to help out people in their PPs if i'm a part of it, if nobody can hear the harmonies to sing them. I even got that far as to join a PP i was not interested in and pick a small part just in order to help out singing all harmonies. I am doing hour-long (!) recording sessions to get out the best result of all kinds of harmonies that I am capable of doing and I'm getting GUILTY if i can't sing them or don't even try them from the start. Cause for me a cover has to have harmonies (best all original ones) in order to sound perfect in the end (unless the original has NO harmonies and no feel for harmonies).
- BUT. At the moment there is another feeling coming up in me and it is being sad and disappointed and how some members treat me when it comes to harmonies. I feel like.. the idiot who does the harmonies. Not more not less. I feel like when I join a cover everyone expects me to do ALL harmonies and doesn't even try to sing them themselves. IF i joined a PP and don't sing the harmonies (because hello no time at all for hourlong recording sessions that maybe take several days) everyone is disappointed and goes like "well the cover could've sounded much better with harmonies" in the release thread or even in the PP thread while mixing. If that wouldn't be hurting me somehow enough, WHEN I do submit my files (and because of all the harmonies i do - which everyone expects me to do - of course there is a LOAD of files), i get reactions like:
(sorry to quote, but I at least will not say the name)
oh no.
I am the next victim of working with Cho's bajillion files.... NUUUUUUUUU

answer to that from someone:
That's Cho for you :D

It may be just a feeling as I know you don't mean it personal and evil and you want to be fun if you write comments like that, but...
It hurts, okay? :(
It makes me feel like a worthless idiot who is just here to sing harmonies which then are sometimes not even thanked for and not appreciated because mixing-work..

I.. don't even know why I'm writing this here, I just wanted to get it off my chest because it bothers me.
AGAIN: I love to sing harmonies and i love to help all of you out in your projects if it comes to harmonies, cause the result is wanted to be good, right? :)
I am just asking to show a little more of respect towards me as it is really a lot of work to do all those harmonies and I do them despite having no time..
Sorry for bothering you with my problems again, but I want to be open about it..
I love you all no matter what and i'm not angry, ok?
<3
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
Kia~
BR's Snow Angel
BR's Snow Angel

Postby Kia~ » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:10 pm

hmm I've also noticed comments like that and although I know people are joking with them, they're a bit frustrating to me as well. And I also know everyone appreciates the harmonies Cho sings for us (I mean half the covers we do here wouldn't be nearly as good as they now are if she didn't do them) so I think all of us should show some more of that appreciation, right?

I understand everyone isn't able to sing all harmonies, I'm not able to do it either, and we obviously have people that have gotten better at hearing them out and Cho is one of those people. But we still shouldn't take her harmonies for granted. So thoughts like "I'm too lazy to try so I'll wait for Cho (or someone else) do them" should be banned! XD After all she has life aside from BR as well, we can't expect her to make time just so that she could sing some harmonies for us anytime we need them ^^

Anyways, I'm glad you brought it up now, Cho, this could've turned into a larger issue if you had kept to yourself about it ♥
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:13 pm

Aww *huggles* thank you >< *relieved*XD'

Again!
I want to underline that I am not ANGRY at someone ok?
And if you need someone to help you sing harmonies in a PP with hard harmonies you can always come to me and ask!! :)
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
Tuan
BR's Boo
BR's Boo

Postby Tuan » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:28 am

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I don't do harmonies (unless they're coded and required as part of the rules for my parts) it's not because I am too lazy or don't have time, I just don't want to sing it wrong and force the mixer to use it, (and if not feel worse for it not being there because I sang it wrong). I hope that you don't feel like you have to sing all the harmonies because no one is doing it. I appreciate all the members who sing harmonies because it makes the releases sound that much better! But if it's really inconvenient for you then you really shouldn't force yourself to do it. We're all here to sing for the fun of it, not to make some crazy good release that we can advertise and sell, so there's no need to frustrate yourself making the quality of the outcome better! Even as a PP leader, when you, or anyone else who joins the project, I don't really expect anyone to sing the harmonies, because it's also hard for me to sing them.

About your bajillion files, it's true that you do upload a "bajillion" files (okai not that really). It's true that it's good to do that so none of the files overlap, but it's also nice to reduce the number of files that the mixer has to work with. Like if the parts don't overlap, but they fit into a category (Solos/Groups/Low.Mid.High Harms/Doubles..etc) then it would help if you could put them in the same file when recording. Not saying I mind, because I actually cut everything up and move things around anyways, but if you feel that others think that that is a problem, then that would be a nice way to help the mixer.

And I am not sure why you feel like a worthless idiot who's only good for the harmonies, because the harmonies are something that you can do that others have trouble with, so you should be proud that people look to you for those things. And you are also an active and helpful part of our forums, which means that you aren't a worthless member (if you're worthless I don't even know what I am...). And I don't think that people take your harmonies for granted either, I just feel like it's an unspoken gratitude that anyone even provides harmonies at all, so you should feel thanked all the time. And if that's not true, know that I appreciate it!

And lastly, I think it's great that you are able to share your feelings with us, and not just let it sit inside and build up XD. I hope you won't distance yourself because then we would lose out on Cho, and that would suck :(.
Kyllia
BR's Chinadian
BR's Chinadian

Postby Kyllia » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:13 am

Cho <3 thanks for being open about your feelings because sometimes we don't realize how we're treating people or how others feel (which I think is exactly this case). I know I'm guilty for talking about how many files you give but I just want to stress again that we're just joking and we really appreciate your harmonies. In many of my PPs you've made it sound so much better because of your efforts to sing harmonies.

But please don't feel guilty if your harmonies don't turn out the way you want or you were unable to do the harmonies and people talked about how 'empty' it sounds. I think that's just taking things a bit too personally especially if you weren't even in the PP yourself. We don't EXPECT you to do all our harmonies for us but we greatly appreciate it when you do! And when we think a song is 'empty' no one thinks 'Oh darn, why didn't Cho do the harmonies!'. So yeah, please don't take such things so personally okay? :)

I know you feel like sometimes people don't bother doing harmonies cause you do them. And well chances are it's true because if we know you're doing them, we know they're going to be perfect and there's no need for other people to do them. But if you ever feel like you have no time to do harmonies or you don't want to that's fine too! But hopefully we'll learn to get off our butts and do the harmonies as well :) (I'm still learning T_T I promise!)

In terms of the "That's Cho for you :D" quote I'm pretty sure that was me so I want to clarify. To me it's just like saying that you doing harmonies regardless of however many files is something you reliably do. So I didn't mean anything bad at all and I'm sorry I didn't realize that it would hurt you. For example, someone saying "Cho, always does so well on tests!" and someone else replying "That's Cho for you!". So to me it was a positive statement not a negative one.

But yes, we definitely should make sure to show you the respect you truly deserve~ And again thanks for bringing this to our attention, but please try not to take us wrong when we don't mean you any harm!
Yukidama
BR's Snowball
BR's Snowball

Postby Yukidama » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:41 pm

Hey guys, not sure if this belongs here ^^ feel free to move this anywhere you like~

So box has apparently altered their embedding function. Instead of a .swf file the code now contains some other URL. Here's a work around which should do (for now).

This is the new code:
<iframe src="https://app.box.com/embed_widget/36br8kvdw4sv/s/ajy67z9fxbyw33lgm7w1?view=list&sort=name&direction=ASC&theme=dark" width="500" height="400" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Copy the URL https://app.box.com/embed_widget/36br8k ... theme=dark (whole URL in "", do not copy everything else starting from width...)

Put the URL right between

Code: Select all

[box][/box]

Here's how it should look like (yes you need to drag the cloud into the mold if you are logged in ^^):

Unfortunately it's a little bigger now >___< but it works.
I'll try and see if there's yet another way...
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:47 pm

Oh cool! thanks :DD
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

Postby YouJuChan » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:31 am

Thank you Anke <3
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter
Yukidama
BR's Snowball
BR's Snowball

Postby Yukidama » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:18 am

Here's another one for soundcloud embeds~

[soundcloud]https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/126821053&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;visual=true[/soundcloud]

if you gots questions, ask ^^
Sai
BR's Strong "The Jjong" Baby!
BR's Strong "The Jjong" Baby!

Postby Sai » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:42 am

This is not really an issue/discussion but I wasn't sure where else to put this XD; haha. I just noticed that the sign below my name still says moderator :3 As I have more time now, I'd be happy to join the team again if you need me. But if you don't, that's no problem~(^-^ I just wanted to point this out because I thought it might confuse new members (or old members that come back and still remember me being a mod once).
Yukidama
BR's Snowball
BR's Snowball

Postby Yukidama » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:57 pm

Hey guys, a tiny new feature you might wanna use in the future:

I added a new bbcode which lets you embed any audio file. Just post your URL inside of the brackets:

[audio][/audio]

Example code:

[audio]http://breaking-records.com/Audio/Breaking%20Records%20-%20Billionaire.mp3[/audio]

Example embed:

Make sure your URL ends on the actual file type (e.g. ".mp3")

For dropbox-files, copy the link, remove the ?dl=0 at the end and put dl instead of www at the beginning of the URL.

Before: https://www.dropboxusercontent.com/.../... .mp3?dl=0

After: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/.../... .mp3
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:08 pm

Uh~! Thank you ^-^
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...

Return to “Update Thread”