Bigi's Singing Sessions 2015 *new*[150919] Im Jae Bum-너를 위해

Post your solos and unofficial collabs you did with others.
YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

Bigi's Singing Sessions 2015 *new*[150919] Im Jae Bum-너를 위해

Postby YouJuChan » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:31 pm

It's 2015! New Year, new covers :D Last year, I wasn't really able to do many covers, but for this year, I already apologize, cause I plan on singing/recording many maaany random songs XD Here are the first ones! haha

[150919] Im Jae Bum - 너를 위해 (For You)
I'm just leaving this here without much comments, cause I gotta hurry XD Enjoy! <3 (YT vid coming soon)
Edit: So I actualllllyyy wanted to rerecord this after posting it here XD But then I realized…ah nevermind, I'll just leave it like this and rerecord, when I'm posting it on Youtube hahaa :)
I got this song inside my head for the past weeks ever since I watched Lee Hi's version of it again~ So I finally decided to just go ahead and record it~ Unfortunately, there's not a lot of chance to record nowadays and since I haven't even listened to the original yet, some parts sound kinda weird I think XD (Lee Hi's and Ailee's version are different) Hope you like it though <3 Every comment is most welcome ^o^

Listen: Show

[150406] Sam Smith - I'm not the only one
Oooohhh another english song! X'D I LOVE LOVE LOOOVE Sam Smith and his voice, but I never really got the idea to cover one of his songs so here I aam~ There was an Acoustic Night where Chantelle and I also performed and we actually wanted to do this song at first, but then we were informed the song was taken already, so we had to come up with another song 'last minute' (well kind of, because we were only able to practice on saturday and it was 2 weeks before), but I was already totally into that song so it was kinda sad, we couldn't perform it in the end haha~ Ever since, I had this song stuck in my head so I decided to just cover it~ It was supposed to be a one-shot, but if you have a toddler at home, there's no way you get to record without any background noises for 4 whole minutes XD My headvoice sucks big time haha but I enjoyed singing my soul out heuheuheu

Listen: Show

[150110] Ariane Grande & Nathan Sykes - Almost is never enough
As per requested by my cousin XD I really love the song and it took me a lot strength to finally continue with the second part after 2-3 months haha… There are quite a few parts which I would rerecord, but I also wanted to finally finish this song for him, so I just let it be haha.

Spoiler: Show

[Secret Santa Event] Gummy - Snow Flower
(not really sung in 2015 but.. psshhhttt)
Sung for the lovely Cho as a present for her <3

Spoiler: Show
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Re: Bigi's Singing Sessions 2015

Postby Almighty Cho » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:05 am

A new thread yay *-*!
But the cover looks so sad wae is it crying? :(

psshh you can make the video in the spoiler work if you remove the s in the https so it only says http ;)
Dunno the original song, but gah your voice I love it too much <3
This sounds really nice ^^ Very relaxing :3 Me likeys~

Same for the https ^^
and then...
OMG YOU POSTED IT YAY! <33 I love this too much this is too awesome and i showed it around so much XD <33 Thank you so much again I loved it to the extends really <33
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
Kyllia
BR's Chinadian
BR's Chinadian

Postby Kyllia » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:24 pm

OMG Snow Flower sounds so good, but watching the video the girl's hair weirds me out.
YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

Postby YouJuChan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:04 pm

@Cho: Hahaha thank you XD I didn't preview the links before posting it LOL Changed it now haha~ And also thanks for listening ^3^ I'm so glad you like the cover <3

@Ky: Hahahah Gummy's hair really IS weird in there XD Thanks for having a listen <3
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Postby xKeirafanx » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:14 pm

I get what you mean about wanting to rerecord a few parts. Some of them sound like you were very concentrated on hitting them. Nonetheless a really beautiful cover. Ballad YouJu is always a great YouJu ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Oh, this was great to showcase your range. Elegant solution of those longer, higher notes. I repeat, ballads really are great for your voice.
Lost in #BR-land

Noræon's Middle Child
Sai
BR's Strong "The Jjong" Baby!

Postby Sai » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm

Almost is never enough:
Oh, this is interesting~ your timbre sounds kinda different in English! Or did you change it on purpose? X3 Your high notes sound really smooth here and you switched between the stronger and softer notes beautifully! But there are some off notes in there, be careful when you switch from higher notes to lower notes. I think you don't control your vibrato enough if you switch between higher/middle register and lower register, maybe try to sing the notes a little more like one line or, while you sing the line, pretend you're pulling a gum between two fingers (I mean... you start in the middle, and then pretend you're pulling very slowly until your arms are a little more than torso-width apart). I really enjoyed this though! <33 It's just a little tip, I hope you don't mind the wall of text.. (T T)

Snow Flower:
This hurts my heart [in a good way... yes, that is possible! XD] (T O T) The emotion in here is sooo wonderful. I don't have more to say than I love this so much... <3
YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

Re: Bigi's Singing Sessions 2015 *new*[150406] Sam Smith

Postby YouJuChan » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:21 pm

@Sai: Thaaaankkk youuu for your comment ^3^ I always look forward to your comments, because you always give me useful tips so don't worry! <3 Changing from high to low and back is really kinda difficult XD I'll try it with the gum trick next time though it doesn't sound easy to do HAHAH XD Glad you liked Snow Flower <3

I have a new cover up btw ^o^
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter
Kyllia
BR's Chinadian
BR's Chinadian

Postby Kyllia » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:59 pm

Sam Smith <3<3<3<3
Love his songs and I think your voice is perfect girl counterpart for his songs. A bit strained on some of the transitions between the higher parts but I liked this version a lot. It's also really nice to hear you singing a softer song showing the power without really belting like some of the other power vocal songs :D
YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

Postby YouJuChan » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:12 am

Thank you Ky <3 Yeah I agree with you about the transitions! Lack of concentration XD
Actually, I'm not so into covering soft songs, cause as soon as they get a bit higher I tend to give up pretty easily haha But ever since I suffered from laryngitis 2 months ago I find belting a bit difficult nowadays ^^; So I guess I gotta do more soft songs lol
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:50 pm

[150406] Sam Smith - I'm not the only one
New cover yay ^^
Your voice sounds really smooth and fragile I like that ^-^
I hope you can recover soon from the aftereffects of being sick! I know from experience it takes some time to find out to full power again <3
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
21cssk
BR's Michmellow
BR's Michmellow

Postby 21cssk » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:07 pm

soooobs this is so beautiful *-* i really like the song though i don't exactly like Sam Smith's voice sooooooooo hearing the song in your voice is pure gold, really ♥

HOW COME I DIDN'T LISTEN TO YOUR ALMOST IS NEVER ENOUGH COVER SOONER TAT most ariana songs sound easy but they're actually not ;; i've tried to cover this song for like 8127937 times and always stopped midway XD SO PROPS TO YOU FOR FINALLY FINISHING IT. and such a beautiful cover it is ;___; love it so so much ♥♥♥
YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

Postby YouJuChan » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:40 pm

@Cho: Thank you my dear <3 Yees I hope so too T_T
@Mich: N'awww thank you Mich <3 I also enjoy Covers of Sam Smith's songs more than the original versions hahaha, I do like his voice somehow, but I dunno…covers sound a bit nicer to listen to XD and OMG IKR? Ariana Grande songs are SOO DIFFICULT T_T She has such a gorgeous voice and she lets it look like its nothing while singing those notes haaaaahhh…. I wanna listen to you version!!! pleeeassshhyyy??! I'm sure it'll sound sooo amazing T_T
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Postby xKeirafanx » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:55 pm

I love the softness in your voice through most of the song and the approach with more force during the chorus, it is a beautiful contrast. At some points it sounds like you're going to crack emotionally, ugh, so perfect.
Lost in #BR-land

Noræon's Middle Child
Sai

Postby Sai » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:13 pm

Your voice + piano = heaven. <33 Your voice texture just fits these simple instrumentals so much. Your emtion is so spot on and ah I love this~ (* *)

I really like your transitioning from chest to head voice, but when you go the other way around you sometimes sound a little strained. I don't think it's very audible, it's just some notes or vowels. Maybe you can try practicing the song on a hi or hä sound before (or ki or kä, if that works better for you, depends on how well you can engage your diaphragm without the 'k'!) the "i" and "ä" (very open, don't fix your lower jaw but kind of try to think as if you just let your mouth fall down, if that makes sense?) help with the mixing of head voice and chest voice, and once you get it done with those vowels, try to remember where you placed the note for other vowels as well(^-^)
YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

Re: Bigi's Singing Sessions 2015 *new*[150919] Im Jae Bum-너를

Postby YouJuChan » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:53 pm

New cover up :3

(will reply to your comments asap <3 But let me tell you THANKS <3 )
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter

Return to “Solo and Unofficial Collabs”