[OP-SP 15] Under the Christmas Tree 2017

Official and PP releases from Breaking Records

Moderator: Moderators

xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

[OP-SP 15] Under the Christmas Tree 2017

Postby xKeirafanx » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:28 am

The year 2017 has been eventful for many of us and it is a joy to see so many of you coming together at this time of the year to sing hello to Christmas and goodbye to the year.

May your dreams, hopes and plans come true in 2018 and may you all be and become healthy. In the light of the current political tension, socially trying time and loss of beings important to us, please know that you are not alone with your fears, your pain and your grief.

Remember to reach out to any of us if you ever need an ear lent that listens to your troubles and sorrows. Every #BRIAN is appreciated, valued and loved.

Love can be found in the dark, love can be found in the smallest gesture and the most simple words. Love is what we deserve and what we are always, always worthy of.
Most importantly love is inside yourself as much as it is in the presents under the Christmas tree.

Merry Christmas, dear friends and members of Breaking Records.

Lady Antebellum - All I Want For Christmas Is You

Spoiler: Show

Lyrics

Team Stocking: Yukidama | Almighty Cho | YouJuChan | juliqaaa

Team Fireplace: Lena | Kyllia | Kia~ | xKeirafanx

Mixer: Yukidama

f(x) - 12시25분 (Wish List)

Acapella version

Lyrics

Almighty Cho | YouJuChan | Kia~ | xKeirafanx

Mixer: Almighty Cho

Brenda Lee - Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree

Lyrics

xKeirafanx | Almighty Cho | juliqaaa | Kyllia

Mixer: xKeirafanx

WHAM! - Last Christmas (belated Secret Santa for juliqaaa)

Singer & Mixer: xKeirafanx

Namie Amuro - White Light (Noræon)
MP3:

Acapella Version:

Lyrics

Firefly | YoujuChan | xKeirafanx | Almighty Cho | Sai

Mixer: Almighty Cho

Thank you to everyone who participated, contributed and mixed; as well as a special thanks to Kyllia for covering for Shiki.
Without you this annual tradition would not be possible!
*blows a thousand kisses and throws a thousand hearts at everyone*
:omnomnom:
Lost in #BR-land

Noræon's Middle Child
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Re: [OP-SP 15] Under the Christmas Tree 2017

Postby Almighty Cho » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Merry Christmas fellow BRIANs~! :lollipop: :kissu:

First off thank you for participating and to Meike organizing this all and putting together a solo to add here! And thanks to Anke contributing as well, also sorry I delayed this by a day, because I fought with my laptop over mixing for 2 straight days.. And still fighting with the song from Noraeon, which I will of course edit into the first post when it is done tomorrow or the day after..

I will listen and further comment when my computer lets me reach box ^^" (atm I get an error when I open the spoilers or try to open the website :/ )

Anyways, I hope you all had some nice rest over the festive days and could celebrate some vitalizing time with your beloved ones! I wish you all a lot of health and luck for the new year that is up ahead.
I know we all were much busy this year, so we slept a lot on this forum and didn't have many projects, but let's all set a wish and goal to 2018 to be getting more active with each other and have fun with our music! ^^

Thank you for being part of this community which means as much to me as a family.
Love you! :rabu:
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
Kyllia
BR's Chinadian
BR's Chinadian

Postby Kyllia » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:47 pm

Merry Christmas!

Definitely a big thank you to Keira, Yuki and Cho for making Christmas happen for BR. :) I haven't had much time or time at all but I will always love singing with you guys so it was a pleasure to be able to help out.

Great job to all the participants bringing the Christmas spirit. :) I think there is something wrong on box's end because I listened to three of them yesterday but now I can't listen to any of them loll will check back because I haven't had a chance to listen to the f(x) one or Kiera's solo yet.

Edit: Also turns out I have to fix my photo hosting LOL stupid signature
Yukidama
BR's Snowball
BR's Snowball

Postby Yukidama » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:12 pm

thanks for this wonderful release Meike *3* and to everyone who participated. despite the mixing stress over christmas I had a lot of fun taking part in a christmas OP again :3

I really hope everyone has some great holidays and a happy new year~~!
YouJuChan
Addicted #BRIAN
Addicted #BRIAN

Postby YouJuChan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:14 pm

Belated merry christmas my fellow BRians!!!!
Thanks so much for everyone who participated! Especially to those to helped with getting this done by mixing and hosting the songs! And biiig thank you Meike for organizing this!
The releases are sooo pretty! So glad to be able to record with you even though everyone is so stressed with life and everything!

The end of the year projects always make me #TBT and listen to old releases hoping we get to be active as we were once haha ^0^ But I'm just glad to hear everyones voices again <3
Wishing you all a happy new year too! May 2018 be an awesome year for all of you! <3
- Noræon | MooMix -
Wordpress
YouTube | Twitter
juliqaaa
Back-up Vocalist
Back-up Vocalist

Postby juliqaaa » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:01 pm

:hiya: Hi wonderful ladies of BR!! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas :3

:joyful: I'm so happy with the outcome of this project, it's been so long since we've all sang together right? I hope that changes in 2018 and I will make more effort to join projects/release solos too!

Firstly, I'd like to thank Meike for opening this project and for allowing me to participate. I loved every song but I can only feel that maybe I'd let my side down a bit with my vocals. :fufufu: Everyone else shone so brightly and were strong throughout, but this has only motivated me to work harder on my vocals for the future! :siwon:

And finally, :tears: that Wham cover was so unexpected but I LOVED IT! I felt very lonely this Christmas season (how ironic because of the song meaning haha) but this actually made me feel so warm and less alone! It's actually my favourite Christmas song ever. Thank you so much once again Meike, you know my personal thoughts because I have bombarded you with them on Twitter and kakao heh :kyaa:

Have a lovely new year ladies! Here's to a more wonderful future for everyone!
Kia~
BR's Snow Angel
BR's Snow Angel

Postby Kia~ » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:05 am

Both teams for All I Want for Christmas sound really pretty~ As for Rockin' Around the Christmas tree, I love the attitude that everyone brought to their lines! And then Wish List, the harmonies omg! It must have been so much work for Cho, but the result is amazing *__* I actually love the acapella version more than the one with the instrumental ahaha.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas time ♥ May we be able to sing more together next year ♥
Almighty Cho
BR's Confused Powervocal
BR's Confused Powervocal

Postby Almighty Cho » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:41 pm

Glad you are all enjoying our merry Christmas release ^^

I updated another song into the first post, a little belated gift from Noræon. :fufufu:
Please check it out! :rabu:

I'm gonna give overall comments on how the songs reached out to me ^^

Lady Antebellum - All I Want For Christmas Is You:
First off, thank you Anke for hosting a song and mixing both teams!
Overall this is very relaxing, I think Anke did a great job balancing the teams out, so everyone could have an own small place to shine! ^^

f(x) - 12시25분 (Wish List):
Really happy with the outcome of this, thanks for participating in this, girls!
The mix was really hard honestly, since there were more than 50 takes (thanks to about 35 takes of harmonies x.x') and I have to apologize for not being able to do that stuttery effect in the bridge correctly.. but I hope you can still enjoy this as much as me! ^^ <3

Brenda Lee - Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree:
Maybe Meike can change the lyrics and put Ky's name into it? ^^ Thanks so much for covering, Ky, glad to be in a cover with you again ^^
I think we all sound very merry in this and can totally imagine us rocking around the tree hehe! Though truth to be told, Meike just fits these types of songs too well! :D

WHAM! - Last Christmas (belated Secret Santa for juliqaaa):
Thank you so much for throwing a solo into this! <3 And the classic of the classic even hehehe :D
Totally your range tbh and somehow this made me smile really wide, so soothing, nice job husbando <3 Even though I don't approve of you giving your heart to anyone else ô_ô!

Wishing you all a good start into 2018! :kissu: :joyful:
네게 눈이 먼 난 널 보낼 수 없어...
xKeirafanx
BR's Sweet Powercutie
BR's Sweet Powercutie

Postby xKeirafanx » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:41 pm

Lady Antebellum - All I Want For Christmas Is You

Team Stocking:
Yukidama - I love the way you stress the 'baby' in the line "I just wanna see my baby". Gives me feels. All of them.
Almighty Cho - A soft Cho *makes heart eyes* as always your voice is very straightforward clear sounding, but the soft edges were very prominent here, I. just. love
YouJuChan - Straight ballad, your voice fits these well. Nothing else I can say, I simply enjoyed your lines.
juliqaaa - You sound like you stand far away from your microphone, which has the unfortunate effect that your lines sound a lot more hollow than they actually are. I know that last adlib is challenging, you did well with it.

Team Fireplace:
Lena - I'm so glad you could make it after all. Your lines sound lovely!
Kyllia - There is so much cheerfulness and joy in your voice, I especially love that. That one high note at the end is super gorgeous.
Kia~ - Lovely singing as always. Beautiful adlib at the end, gives me the good shivers. It sounds a little like you have a cold at the start? If yes I hope you're recovering well.
xKeirafanx

f(x) - 12시25분 (Wish List)

Almighty Cho - As always, I really enjoy the work and luxury of the harmonies you provide for your songs. They often make the song truly what it is and want to thank you for that. Your harmony work stood out the most to me, the adlib in the last chorus coming second.
YouJuChan - The tick tock, tick tock line is love, pure love and that kkonipcheoreom naeryeo babe adlib is just phenomenal.
Kia~ - Where I was under the impression you have a cold during AIWFC I hear none of that here. Throughly simply lovely takes. Your voice fits f(x) songs really well if you ask me.
xKeirafanx

That Acapella is just love. I downloaded it and thought, wow, f(x) songs are actually so difficult to cover because of their individual voice colors and singing styles, but we actually made that sound our own thing. Makes me proud of everyone participating.

Brenda Lee - Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree

xKeirafanx
Almighty Cho - Love, I rely on you to deliver that last power line and deliver you did. I couldn't be more satisfied with your lines.
juliqaaa - Love your spirit here. The quality of the recording itself was a little off, but that aside there were only few off-pitch moments. You sounded very stable. What I wanted was for everyone to have fun and you sound like you did.
Kyllia - I'm happy you could participate this way, I missed your voice. Your takes were a pleasure to listen to and you add very well to the sound of the cover with your attitude.

Namie Amuro - White Light (Noræon)

I think the actual effort and vocal quality of this comes out so much better in the acapella. I know it was a pain to mix so thank you for your effort Cho! This song is a prime example for "oh, it sound pretty and like a medium effort to work on" then turns out to be a huge project. Everyone adds well to the color of the song, personally I think Cho fits the best to it.

@Jules: It was your wish last year and I hadn't forgotten. I'm glad I could make your Christmas a little less lonely.
@Cho: But wifey, you're the someone special I give my heart to? :o.o:
Lost in #BR-land

Noræon's Middle Child

Return to “Releases”